need some clarification

djsmith

Out detecting today in my back yard had a great hit on the detector the reading was at 85 to 92 on the meter so I pin pointed it detector was saying 10 plus inches so I dug it up and found a huge steel plate approamately1/4 inch thick and about 14 inches in diameter what I need clarifacation on will steel read up that high in the numbers I haven't finished digging in it yet because I got cold but I ran the detector over it again and I am still getting a really strong beep and high numbers even after I removed the steel plate

Large rusty steel will read that high. It helps to view youre vdi numbers as a wheel. Say if the meter goes -95 to +95 sometimes the strong response from a large steel object should read as -95 but will "wrap" around to the + side of the scale. Jeff fosters digging deeper book is a good read on the subject.

I didnt realize there were positive and negative numbers. The detector i am using is the AT PRO i was in pro mode zero with iron disc at 32

There werent any septic tanks in 1889 as far as i know how ever tgere were out houses and thats not where it was i know the location of where the old out house was located and its no where close to what I dug up today

Back
Top Bottom