"America-Stay Out Of War" token?

Bobmc1968

Elite Member
Found this today at a site that dates back to the early 30's or so. I've never seen anything similar on here and can't seem to find any online info so I thought I'd use my "forum-a-friend" lifeline and see what info you guys and gals can come up with. As you can see, it is about the size of a penny, about half the thickness of a penny and the reverse is just the face shown backwards.
picture.php
picture.php

Too bad the US Flag isn't a true representation as it it would help narrow the date down. I'm guessing it is pre-WWII which would put in the time range of the property.

Too bad the US Flag isn't a true representation as it it would help narrow the date down. I'm guessing it is pre-WWII which would put in the time range of the property.

HAHA!!! I thought the same thing, only I was going to post it as a joke, saying it must be from about 1792 when kentucky became the 16th state! :lol:

Seriously though, I would guess a more modern era, maybe '60s viet nam or '90s iraq, and I lean towards the former when the "peace movement" was high profile.

Curious wording though..."keep out" as opposed to the peacenik's main mantra of "get out".

ADD:

Oz may be closer to the mark, especially in light of the wording. The only references I can find on the net to "keep out" of war are related to pre-entrant WWII.

Maybe swarthmore college could be a resource for you:
http://www.swarthmore.edu/library/peace/CDGA.A-L/kaowc.htm

Tks for the replies guys!
Judging by the materials I've run into so far, I believe that Oz is on target as far as the era goes. It pretty much coincides with the coins we found plus it appears there was a Keep America Out of War Congress Chapter in Massachusetts as well so that's what I'm going with! :D

Back
Top Bottom