Hello From Israel. Few Interesting finds.

GoldenTeam

Hello everybody )

My name is Max and i am from Israel.
First of all i want to make an apologize for my bad English, as you can understand its not my native language so sometimes i make mistakes.

Since i was a kid i were fascinated about treasure hunting and archaeology.
In the last month i am starting to make my dream come true and wanted to share it with you guys.

As some of you may know, Treasure hunting in Israel is strictly forbidden by the government, they prefer to leave all of our nation tresaures in the ground and if they cant have it, no one can.

Well...i disagree with them, and i am taking a risk to save our nations treasure and preserve history as i can.

i will post some of our findings in the last 2 weeks.
Me and my friend using Garrett Ace 400 and Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
This is our first gear and we learning how to use it during the process )

If any of you can help us understand what we found we will be thankful, we did a little search on the internet, but it is always good to hear it from the pro's.

BTW

if you have any good cleaning methods to suggest it will be wonderful, i tried a few methods by myself and the result was interesting, after i take the coins out of the water the look really good (a lot better then the condition they were found in) but after 30 sec in the air they start to have some white\green material on them and looks dirty.

The Findings above was found in agriculture fields around Israel.

Again, nice to meet you all :)

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 20.54.45.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.00.35.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.04.15.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.06.59.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.08.13.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.09.51.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.11.40.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.16.52 (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.19.04.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.20.30.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.21.34.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.23.39 (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.23.39 (2).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.23.39 (3).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.23.39 (4).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.23.39 (5).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-23 at 21.23.39.jpg

Awesome finds! Welcome to the best MD forum! I can't help but think how long some of those had been in the ground and how they got to that final resting spot where you camas along and found it centuries later. Truly Amazing finds please keep posting when you can.

I'm sure someone can offer you advice on cleaning your coins. I personally use a rock tumbler from hardor freight. Aquarium gravel for the abrasive tumbling media and dish washer soap with a half a cup of water. Let the tumbler run a few hours. I am only cleaning modern clad coins to exchange for cash, not the centuries old stuff you are finding.

Wow truly amazing antiquities! I hope you don’t risk jail time for detecting but I can understand the temptation. Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great finds and welcome Max! I don't know what those coins are but I sure wish they could be found in our area. Maybe Doug from Britain could identify them, he finds all sorts of old Roman age coins. GL!

Welcome, killer finds, but be very careful with the authorities there, i can only imagine how little of a sense of humor they will have if they find you digging...

Greetings from Austin, Texas - congrats on some amazing, very old finds! I'm glad you added the bottle cap for size reference... some of those ancient coins are pretty small. What detector are you using in Israel?

Wow, so jealous of your awesome finds. Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing more of your treasures!

As some of you may know, Treasure hunting in Israel is strictly forbidden by the government, they prefer to leave all of our nation tresaures in the ground and if they cant have it, no one can.

Well...i disagree with them, and i am taking a risk to save our nations treasure and preserve history as i can.....

I love it. I absolutely love it. And you post your show & tell here as well. Good for you :)

.... The Findings above was found in agriculture fields around Israel......

While you were helping that farmer find his lost wedding ring, right ? :roll: The cultural heritage laws there were meant for the obvious pyramids, monuments, etc.... And you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who cares less about fumble fingers stuff in private farmer's fields.

Great finds, be sure to keep sharing them, I like them :yes: Stay safe out there, and don't get caught. I just read that a fine for detecting in Israel is 2 years imprisonment and 100 000 pounds :shock:

Whats wrong with you people? Dont encourage this Guy! You are all complicit co-conspirators in his unabashed Rascalness! Contributing to his delinquency!

The last thing This Hobby needs is some Bad Press coming out of Israel! Heck! The one guy uses a Bounty Hunter even! You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves! And the guy then gets a "Featured Thread?" Man...I had no idea this place was so full of Rapscallions at the highest level!

Unbelievable! I'm so disappointed nobody even asked about headphones or the scoop he uses or suggested a more efficient mainframe upgrade model...

WITH is the World coming to?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom