Gloves

TekDakota

Hey everyone. Looking for some recommendations for gloves. Currently using cheap cloth/rubber gloves. They are nice and cool and have good dexterity but the finger tips wear out pretty quickly. What is a quality product I should look for?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gloves to consider

I'm picky when it comes to gloves, I've had crappy little 1 dollar ones and 50 dollar ones. So far "
Ironclad General Utility Gloves GUG-04-L" have been pretty good.

Safety Works CN9680L Gloves, 15 Gauge Red Nylon Shell with Gray Latex Coating. These are my favorite. Fit really well and clean up easy.

Both are like 10 bucks or so.

Hope this helps.

Lately I have been using mechanics gloves that i get on sale from Harbor Freight. They are thick enough to avoid cuts and they seem to hold up well.
Gloves.jpg

I like Kobalt’s work gloves available at Lowe’s - nicely armored, and they hold up pretty nicely. I generally buy them snug - almost a size too small - so they’re less bulky and have a more tactile feel to make it easier to pick up targets. Every few hunts I hit them hard with the spray nozzle on the garden hose and wring them out a couple times. It gets them clean enough, especially since they’re just getting dirty again :yes: They list for just under $20 on their website, but I don’t think I’ve paid that much for them in store - maybe I had gotten them on sale.

I bought two pairs when I started hunting last April. One pair eventually got a slice in the finger from buried can slaw, and I repaired it with boot glue. The glove did it’s job though - finger was unscathed :cool: Finally wore that pair out toward the end of the season and tossed them, but the second pair is going strong. Usually hunted 2 or 3 days a week for a couple hours per hunt.

Attachments

• 8959896A-7564-4D78-8BCB-EC68E56904EA.jpg
    8959896A-7564-4D78-8BCB-EC68E56904EA.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 152
I don't wear gloves, they interfere with feeling the touch on buttons and such. My hands are fairly tough but there are the occasional nicks and scratches.

I really only wear gloves when its cold enough to lose fingers lol but ill usualky go with the cheapest pair of mechanic gloves. Usually I lose them before I need new ones....

No way will I stick my hands in a hole unprotected. I used to but got tired of getting cut and bleeding and maybe getting an infection. I wear cotton gloves with the gripper pads. They are lightweight, comfortable and breathe. I have no problems picking up objects and I’ve pulled out sharp jagged glass, pins, needles, can slaw and more without being stabbed or cut.

But here’s the best part. I buy a dozen pairs on eBay for $7-$10 with free shipping. You can actually wear them on the “wrong” hand with no issues. Washable. But when I get them muddy and really dirty I throw them away.

And keep your tetanus shots current.

Attachments

• 43B769CE-2936-4F02-A012-9F82C778783C.jpg
    43B769CE-2936-4F02-A012-9F82C778783C.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 70
I got these cut resistant gloves from Home Depot

Attachments

• grays-work-gloves-7008-06-64_1000.jpg
    grays-work-gloves-7008-06-64_1000.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom