Getting fired up for my December trip to Galveston area beaches!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Done my research, found that Stewart Beach and East Beaches are probably the most frequented....but I also figure the most hunted. But still will spend some time there. And will do my trial learning on the beach at the beach house we will stay at!

Also finished getting the last of the essentials for my Fisher CZ 20...the chest harness, ordered it last night and it will arrive within the week! This detector is one of the best for salt water and wet sand, but it is a horse at 6.5 pounds! By placing the box on the harness, it becomes a less than 2 pound stick to wave around...a bit less than my BH Tracker IV that comes in at 2.2 pounds. So I am looking forward to that!

Got my dry sand scoop and my wet sand scoop/digger, my beach wading shoes for the water and my dry sand waterproof boots. So reckon The King is about ready!

Finally, if you hear in December of a dramatic shortage of available shrimp/oysters/crab in the area restuarants, you will know that the King has been there, eaten Kingly portions, and left! KT does love His fresh seafood!

Let me know how it goes. My sister and bother-in-law live in Houston and own a beach home in Galveston. I've been there a few times before I got into detecting. I can get it anytime I want. I need to get educated on beach hunting first. I don't think I would enjoy getting into the water. Dry sand and on the water's edge in wet sand would be OK though.

beephead

Stewart is the tourist hangout, east beach fishing duneing bonfires etc, there is a condo but that beach may be private, and all the small beaches in front of all the major landmarks like the Galvez Hotel will be good spots. There is a spot where old bottles are recovered sometimes and I have wondered if metal objects were dropped there too. I will PM details if you want them King. :)

This sounds like fun and I think you will do well on the beach seeing as you seem really good at finding coins I've noticed. I don't know alot about that area, but is it near any of the lake areas that have been in drought? I read just last week that the dried up lakes areas are yielding tons of relics. I think some areas are off limits because of possible Indian artifacts, but I would suspect their might be former lake "beaches" that would yield some good clad and jewelry finds.

Back
Top Bottom