• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver at the beach, and another ROV recovery.

007tallguy

Elite Member
well, i headed out bright and early this morning, hitting the beach for a couple of hours, before heading off to the lake for some underwater excitement with the ROV. ;)
i didn't take enough photos, but got the usual trash, dinky toys, a few dollars in change and a cool silver ring! :D
then off to the lake and of course, there were people fishing from the dock. but all was not lost, 2 of them were just leaving and i knew the other guy and his young fella. after letting the little guy try his hand tossing the big magnet into the water, they had to take off as well, so it was time for me to play in the water, haha! :lol:
short clip attached of me recovering a pretty decent rod/reel within my first 5 minutes! lots of other stuff down there too, but i ended up breaking a prop and had to call it a day as i had left my spares at home! :mad: at least now i know why that one motor didn't seem to have very much power lately, that prop was cracked for a while and it picked today to totally break.

but all in all, not a bad day! :D

thanks for looking.

Pete

Attachments

• 20160821_074707.jpg
    20160821_074707.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 715
  • 20160821_101157 (2).jpg
    20160821_101157 (2).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 705
that is a cool way to find stuff underwater! that rod and reel looks like the old Shimano Bassone combo's with the rear drag system. congrats on the finds!

that is a cool way to find stuff underwater! that rod and reel looks like the old Shimano Bassone combo's with the rear drag system. congrats on the finds!

i'm guessing you're an avid fisherman, that's exactly what it is! it needs a bit of cleaning, but still seems to work just fine! i can't even begin to guess how long it's been down there, a year, 10 years, longer? who knows.
anyway, thanks for the comments! :D

Now THAT'S modern treasure hunting! Nice work on the retrieval and the cool ring. Congrats and HH!

Thank you very much! :D

Like the ring! Congrats!

Thank you sir! It's unique, lol. ;)

Cool finds ! Love fishing in water and/or dirt!

The best of both worlds, haha! :lol:

Now you can swing and fish at the same time,,, :laughing:,,,,,,, congrats on the cool ring

Thank you! I'm sure I could have dug up a worm somewhere handy, ha! And seen actual schools of fish in that lake (it's a stocked lake). There's some large eels down there too! :shock:

Can't beat silver :).

I think gold beats silver, but hey, there's nothing wrong with getting second place too, lol. ;) thanks for the comments. :)

Thank you very much! :D

Thank you sir! It's unique, lol. ;)

The best of both worlds, haha! :lol:

Thank you! I'm sure I could have dug up a worm somewhere handy, ha! And seen actual schools of fish in that lake (it's a stocked lake). There's some large eels down there too! :shock:

I think gold beats silver, but hey, there's nothing wrong with getting second place too, lol. ;) thanks for the comments. :)

Yes, but in that aspect I would rather have platinum. Beats gold lol.

i'm guessing you're an avid fisherman, that's exactly what it is! it needs a bit of cleaning, but still seems to work just fine! i can't even begin to guess how long it's been down there, a year, 10 years, longer? who knows.
anyway, thanks for the comments! :D
not as avid as I used to be, until I got into dirt fishing! I used to have a few of those combo's, still have a few of the reels. HH 007!

Nice one!!!

I still use a couple of those reels, fast gears, and the fighting drag.....

<°)))>{

not as avid as I used to be, until I got into dirt fishing! I used to have a few of those combo's, still have a few of the reels. HH 007!

Nice one!!!

I still use a couple of those reels, fast gears, and the fighting drag.....

<°)))>{

Thanks guys!
Yeah, it seems to be a decent reel, just a good scrubbing to get the lake slime off of it and it works just fine! I'll probably end up giving it to my brother, he's a hard core fisherman and can put it to good use. :D

Back
Top Bottom