Fresh water hunting with the Excal

Brian28jersey

Is the excal 1000 just as good in fresh water than in salt water out of curoisity becuase i know fresh water areas are often overlooked?

Thanks

Brian

Since it is a VLF design it should actually do better in most fresh water areas for depth and since it has discrimination it will help you find more keepers since the fresh water areas don't get "cleaned" of the junk by wave action. It usually sits where it's dropped.

In response to the question of how im doing with my detector im going out again tomorrow to the shore i belive the tide is going out around 11 im going to go around ten through 11. I know some troughs that im going to work last time i worked the outer sand bars which is not a good place.

I had my detector checked out by a detector professional and he gave it a thumbs up on its functionality and how i had the coil wire set up.

He recomended that i get a waist and chest strap so i can tether the detector to myself so when i get a hit i can drop the detector and go right for the scoop.

I seem to still get those spiky signals at passing waves if iget the same problem tommorow im going to send the machine back to minelab for a check up cus maybe something isnt working right inside the coil.

I did manage to find some coinage last time.

Thanks for the help

Brian

Make sure your coil wire is snug against the shaft. Loose coil wires will move in the wave action and can cause falsing. Also make sure that the collar nut on the coil end of the cable is tight.

Back
Top Bottom