History found in Coin Star

KiowaRd

Forum Supporter
At first glance I thought I might have scored silver but nope, just a couple of clad dimes and a bunch of nasty looking pennies, then I noticed what I thought was a nickel but it turned out to be a History Channel Club Bi Centennial token minted in 1976.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That’s sweet, my closest coinstar was empty today

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Must not be the "History Channel" I was thinking. Pretty sure that didn't exist in 1976. Are you sure it's bicentennial; minted in 1976? It just says 1776 on the back. Maybe made in a later year, like 2006? Cool token anyway.
Keep checking them reject trays. I got my first CS silver today. :D

Must not be the "History Channel" I was thinking. Pretty sure that didn't exist in 1976. Are you sure it's bicentennial; minted in 1976? It just says 1776 on the back. Maybe made in a later year, like 2006? Cool token anyway.
Keep checking them reject trays. I got my first CS silver today. :D

Yep, minted in 1976, check it out:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces62657.html

I was actually looking it up after I posted, and saw this. They list the year as 1976, and Ebay sellers put 1976 bicentennial on their listings, but I still have doubt. There is a history channel that started in the 1990s, and "The History Channel Club" started in 2003. Can't find anything about a history channel or history channel club before that, so what's with the token?

According to Wiki, The History Channel was launched in 1995. I, too, am curious about the 1976 date on the token.

According to Wiki, The History Channel was launched in 1995. I, too, am curious about the 1976 date on the token.

1976 is not on the token. It only has 1776. Historically symbolic. The year 1976, and "bicentennial" only come up on secondary websites. I haven't found any original source info yet. I think it's 2003 or later.

Back
Top Bottom