NOX 800 User Profile

5 mile

Forum Supporter
Trying to save a user profile based on Park 2. I realize the default user profile setting is a copy park 1.

I've done the factory reset, made my changes in park 2, hold the user profile button in to save.

I want my user profile based off of park 2, after I save it, its fine. I can change between different detecting modes.

Its when I power off, then back on, user profile goes back to park 1. Ive even shut down when NOT in user profile mode.

Last edited:
Trying to save a user profile based on Park 2. I realize the default user profile setting is a copy park 1.

I've done the factory reset, made my changes in park 2, hold the user profile button in to save.

I want my user profile based off of park 2, after I save it, its fine. I can change between different detecting modes.

Its when I power off, then back on, user profile goes back to park 1. Ive even shut down when NOT in user profile mode.

Try doing 2-3 full FP resets in a row and then try to modify for your saving to user profile.
See if it works then.

Note my comments in this thread.
Sound familiar??
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5711-shutting-down-in-the-user-profile-mode/

Try doing 2-3 full FP resets in a row and then try to modify for your saving to user profile.
See if it works then.

Note my comments in this thread.
Sound familiar??
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5711-shutting-down-in-the-user-profile-mode/

I tried 3 consecutive FP's, then loaded user program, saved it, works now as it should. Persnickety lil devil. Kinda BS ya have to do that, plus turn unit off in a non user profile, otherwise you're back at it again...listening Minelab?

I did see your comments in detector prospector before I started this thread and tried the FP, but not 3 FP's in a row, which you pointed out here.

Thanks tnss

I tried 3 consecutive FP's, then loaded user program, saved it, works now as it should. Persnickety lil devil. Kinda BS ya have to do that, plus turn unit off in a non user profile, otherwise you're back at it again...listening Minelab?

I did see your comments in detector prospector before I started this thread and tried the FP, but not 3 FP's in a row, which you pointed out here.

Thanks tnss

You are welcome.
Glad I could help.

I had a similar issue. I could save my user profile just fine but if I turned off the detector while it was in the user profile, it would reset that profile as my standard park 2 (which it was based off of). As long as I dont turn off the detector whilst in user profile then i have no issues.

I had a similar issue. I could save my user profile just fine but if I turned off the detector while it was in the user profile, it would reset that profile as my standard park 2 (which it was based off of). As long as I dont turn off the detector whilst in user profile then i have no issues.

What you are reporting here is normal ops. (And IMO an update should be created so this doesn't happen).
Don't turn Nox off in user profile or you will lose setup data.

The gent above, like me at one time, user profile was reverting to park 1 no matter if Nox was shut down in a user setup user profile progr a or not, either way Nox was reverting to park 1 default settings.

For some reason just doing one factory reset won't remedy, rather 2-4 resets (FP resets) back to back seems to remedy.

Last edited:
Does it really matter what profile the NOX assigns to my custom profile, as long as all of my settings are retained? I also noticed the change, but when I checked all the parameters I has set, nothing seemed to be out of order.

Suppose I go to Gold-1 and change all the settings to be consistent with Park-1. Will the machine perform exactly the same as if I had just selected Park-1? In other words, are there other operating parameters that are different between the various profiles which cannot be changed by the user?

Last edited:
Suppose I go to Gold-1 and change all the settings to be consistent with Park-1. Will the machine perform exactly the same as if I had just selected Park-1? In other words, are there other operating parameters that are different between the various profiles which cannot be changed by the user?

I would say there are parameters you cannot change, like the way (in multi-frequency) it is weighted. You cannot make a Park 1 out of a Gold 1 basis program.

Does it really matter what profile the NOX assigns to my custom profile, as long as all of my settings are retained? I also noticed the change, but when I checked all the parameters I has set, nothing seemed to be out of order.

The short answer to your first question is no. And for your second question, the answer is yes. Besides the frequency weighting as mentioned by 5mile, tones are set to 1 tone in the gold modes and cannot be changed.

However you could set up park1 and park2 to have exactly the same tones, tone breaks, recovery speed, and iron bias, but the frequency weighting would still be different in multi. In park 2 it's weighted to higher frequencies and you can't change that.

Thanks NCtoad. That wasn’t a good example I used, Gold uses only the highest 2 frequencies. How are the frequencies biased in the Field modes?

Thanks NCtoad. That wasn’t a good example I used, Gold uses only the highest 2 frequencies. How are the frequencies biased in the Field modes?

I think this is the heirarhcy of freq used as far as weighting.
Gold 2 use the highest weighting.
Then Gold 1.
Field 2
Park 2
Field 1
Park 1

I can’t say how the beach modes fit in exactly.

The new update fixes the user profile quirkiness of when you turn the machine off while in the user profile it would delete your settings.. now the new update took care of that problem as well a a few other things...

Back
Top Bottom