K18 Gold??

xxlt250rxx

I was going through some junk I found last year at the beach and found this. It is marked K18. Does this mean it is 18 karat gold? Any idea what the symbols mean?

DSC_0475_zps731182e8.jpg

Wow, thanks guys. I thought (hoped) it could possibly be gold. Thanks for the conformation but I had know idea what it was. Never heard of an Egyptian kartush. Thanks to Ice Scratcher and the link he provided I was able to decode the symbols. The first 4 are the letters T, R, O, Y, and the last one is the symbol for male.

Wow, thanks guys. I thought (hoped) it could possibly be gold. Thanks for the conformation but I had know idea what it was. Never heard of an Egyptian kartush. Thanks to Ice Scratcher and the link he provided I was able to decode the symbols. The first 4 are the letters T, R, O, Y, and the last one is the symbol for male.

Glad to help, nice find!!

<*)))>{

Very nice! Now find someone who is named "Troy", and really likes Egyptian hieroglyphics, and you could sell for a lot more than melt value!!!! ;)

Great find! Congrats!

Very nice! Now find someone who is named "Troy", and really likes Egyptian hieroglyphics, and you could sell for a lot more than melt value!!!! ;)

Great find! Congrats!

My brothers name is Troy. If you want to make a few bucks I'd be interested.

I see some big trouble here.
Seems as though the rules of metal detecting are that bling and articles which have no personal identification are fair game to find and keep.
But, in this case we have established that, a Egyptian(?) guy named Troy, who like(s)(ed) to carry a Kartush, and may (have) live(d) somewhere near where xxlt250rxx lives (may have) lost it (within a few thousand year time span.
Sounds like a pretty identifiable piece of, what appears to be, valuable jewelry(?) or religious artifact.
My suggestion is that you place your life on hold while you attempt to locate Troy and return his Kartush.
Who knows, he may give you some scarab beetles as a reward.
This is HUMOR.....and if you feel a unfamiliar pain in your face, it may be from the use of atrophied muscles used to smile....
Congratulations on a beautiful find xxlt250rxx!

AT Pro w/8.5X11" and 5X8" coils/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback

Back
Top Bottom