• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Spell check police??

mdtrapper

Elite Member
I don't think it is very nice to call out someone who makes spelling mistakes, some folks may have trouble in that area. So, if someone takes the time to take pic's of their finds so we all can see them congrat's to them if nothing else. But to just post on their thread that the spelling is wrong may hurt feeling's. Just saying.:roll:

I don't think it is very nice to call out someone who makes spelling mistakes, some folks may have trouble in that area. So, if someone takes the time to take pic's of their finds so we all can see them congrat's to them if nothing else. But to just post on their thread that the spelling is wrong may hurt feeling's. Just saying.:roll:

If they are not corrected then how will they learn?

Agreed. The point of communication, is to communicate.

I'm always astonished at how many people, on the internet, are willing to call out people for misuse of words, spelling errors, grammatical errors (all which may which vary according to country). And the ones I think are absolute trolls, are those who criticize someone who isn't even typing in their native language!

The anonymity of the internet gives people some sort of power, I guess, to simply be rude. If you're not the parent, teacher, or the marketing rep, and the person communicating is getting their point across, why does someone think they need to call it out?

If this were a "help me with my grammar" forum, or a nationally published journal, it'd be different.

But by golly... it would be helpful if they just kept their thoughts about there, their, and they're to thei'rem selfs. This is a Friendly place! :)

Cheers!

If they are not corrected then how will they learn?

You forgot a comma. Your sentence should read:

If they are not corrected, then how will they learn?

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_sentence

*laughs*

Hopefully, this gets the point across to everyone reading. Did I just add value to the conversation by pointing out a missing comma? <insert expletive>, no.

Are you likely to forget a comma in a conditional sentence in the future.<repeat expletive>, yes!

The world is not a better place because of someone pointing out the missing comma.

*laughs*

I agree, people should take more time to congratulate people and let them know they enjoy looking at their finds. If you don't have something good to say, don't say it.

You forgot a comma. Your sentence should read:

If they are not corrected, then how will they learn?

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_sentence

*laughs*

Hopefully, this gets the point across to everyone reading. Did I just add value to the conversation by pointing out a missing comma? <insert expletive>, no.

Are you likely to forget a comma in a conditional sentence in the future.<repeat expletive>, yes!

The world is not a better place because of someone pointing out the missing comma.

*laughs*
See, works perfectly. Now I am less likely to forget.

I agree, people should take more time to congratulate people and let them know they enjoy looking at their finds. If you don't have something good to say, don't say it.

The golden rule; I learned it in kindergarten.

And in a treasure forum, who doesn't like gold!? :)

I cringe at the misuse of sell and sale. Please do not tell me you are going to sale me something. I would prefer that you sell it to me. No your item is not for sell it is for sale.

I like spelling things...especially words...Back in 1965 I won a spelling bee at Guyton Elementary for 'Chrysanthemum' and felt superior to my peers about how smart I was...It was heady alright! The Chicks seemed to dig it! I even scored with Mary Lambert several years later! By 'scored' I mean I talked to her, and she smiled at me...but you get my point...

I aslo enjoy sertain creative forms of syntax and constructive use of the available keyboard punctuations...I especially like employing: 'dot,dot,dot' like Morris alluded to in Slingblade?..."Baking the cookies of discontent, by the heat of the Laundromat vent"...Leaving his Soul! Dot.dot,dot! Those three little dots give a reader a chance to catch their breath and think....See? 4 is OK to really make a point and allow the reader to light a smoke or crack another...5 works on serous toast...See?

Language is regional, spelling is two...Nowadays, Nothings write or wrong...we are comminicating! We aint got no Whiteout or erasers annymore to worry about! Or some Nun whacking knuckles!....I love to spend a day syllabating all over the place! Aye-ain-shiddin-ya! :laughing:

So.... 'Never mind the Man who contemplates, doin' away with license plates'... Do you know what I'm saying? Or am I a bubbling idiot?...:laughing:

MatMit has a good grip on policing up this place when it comes to the grammatical cigg butts of Society!...I mean hey, we cant have pholks just tossing posts out fonetical! Its just reckless! I seen a guy get killed by an errant hyphen once! :laughing:

I like words..and some of them rhyme...those are funny...

Last edited:
I seen a guy get killed by an errant hyphen once! :laughing:

And there it is... "I" followed by "seen". Freakin' Okies are killing me with that one.:laughing. Seriously people, knock it off!!!

Right! whats up with Oklahoma? Let alone the name, but its got this finger on it justting out Like a Fisher F pointer? I'm like damn! Couldnt some other State conquer this place? Kansas? Arkansas? Texas?

WTH is Oklamona doing here in the first place? Like who would miss it? Some Sister State should step up and do an invasion!..Its not like a guy has to storm any beaches under withering fire! I bet Walmart could roll out of Arkansas and have this done by noon!

If I was Nebraska, I'd be busting on this concept! Just go for it and really bust large! Like Hey! WE are the geological center of the NA Continent! Dont make me kick your @ss! You gonna come peacefullly?:laughing:

I agree with the subject matter of this thread. Poor grammar and spelling causes me to twitch involuntarily!:lol:

Where's matmit???:lol:

Where's matmit???:lol:
Last I heard, MatMit is still in the recovery room after getting jumped in the alley and getting his jaw broke and waffle stomped by a gang of Consonants last Friday...

You can send flowers though...He wood appreciate the jesture! Chrysanthemems of course!..."Git well sune".:laughing:

Last I heard, MatMit is still in the recovery room after getting jumped in the alley and getting his jaw broke and waffle stomped by a gang of Consonants last Friday...

You can send flowers though...He wood appreciate the jesture! Chrysanthemems of course!..."Git well sune".:laughing:

Oh man! I thought maybe he got hit by a train at Conjuntion Junction!:lol:

Hey! Is that you roasting a weenie Mud?!:D

LegitimateFewArizonaalligatorlizard-size_restricted.gif

Right! whats up with Oklahoma? Let alone the name, but its got this finger on it justting out Like a Fisher F pointer? I'm like damn! Couldnt some other State conquer this place? Kansas? Arkansas? Texas?

WTH is Oklamona doing here in the first place? Like who would miss it? Some Sister State should step up and do an invasion!..Its not like a guy has to storm any beaches under withering fire! I bet Walmart could roll out of Arkansas and have this done by noon!

If I was Nebraska, I'd be busting on this concept! Just go for it and really bust large! Like Hey! WE are the geological center of the NA Continent! Dont make me kick your @ss! You gonna come peacefullly?:laughing:

The govt. gave OK to the Native Americans and then they struck oil...how do you like them apples? Hey, our state song is a Broadway musical.
Seriously, this is a great place to live and raise a family. The cost of living is low. We have indoor plumbing. We are a flyover state and none of the nuts and fruits from either coast would dare move here because there is nothing to do.
This state is as red as it gets and we have guns and know how to use them. By the way the name Oklahoma is derived from the Choctaw language which means "red people". Kind of ironic.

Back
Top Bottom