Black Friday Silver

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Headed out this morning to a local park that I have never detected. Super trashy, but managed a couple dollars in clad, a ring, that sure did hit like silver( Thought I was digging a silver quarter), but I can't find any marks in it. and an Andrew Johnson presidential commemorative medallion.

Then I headed to the local school that has been producing some silver on and off. Another dollar or so in clad and 1 wheat, and a '43 Merc.

Spent the rest of the day at the hay field. Pulled another Wheat, a 1936 Buffalo, and a super toasty Indian head. Excited about the IH even though I can't get a date, as it is a coin I have rarely found.

The best part, is today is only Friday....2 more days to hunt this weekend!!!!:D

Puts me at 19 Silvers for the year, 45 Wheats, and 3 Buffs...

A very nice outing Mr Nimons. Congrats on the Merc and the Indian. You got to tell me your first name so I don't feel like I'm addressing a school teacher.:yes: Jack

You're building yourself a very respectable wheat/silver ratio this year, John! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your weekend hunts!
Congrats!

HH,
Dan

Thats a solid day, Nice hunting ! Try a peroxide bath on the injun you may be able to get a date off it.

Thanks for the tip Jeff....soaking now......Few weeks ago you told me I would find old silver in the field....found the seated half dime.....earlier this week you told me I'd find an IH......Care to tell me what I'm going to find tomorrow??? :laughing:

Thanks for the tip Jeff....soaking now......Few weeks ago you told me I would find old silver in the field....found the seated half dime.....earlier this week you told me I'd find an IH......Care to tell me what I'm going to find tomorrow??? :laughing:

Hahaha I still say a large copper is coming soon!

Hahaha I still say a large copper is coming soon!

I sure hope so Jeff!!! Thanks for the peroxide tip....IH is super toasted, but looks to be an 1878. Really hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure.

Sweet finds today, Congrats! Good luck on the rest of the weekend and thanks again on the help with my pics, Happy Hunting!

Thanks Ron! Glad you got the pictures figured out.

Way to go

Nice going finding those goodies. Don't you just love seeing silver in the hole.
I've only found 2 Indians myself, and love finding them, and of coarse, that buffalo is not to shaby.
HH everyone

Congrats on the great day and the finds!

Thanks Jam...headed back shortly.

good finds nice merc

Thank you Donny

Great finds! Congrats :thumbsup:

Thank you Sir

Nice going finding those goodies. Don't you just love seeing silver in the hole.
I've only found 2 Indians myself, and love finding them, and of coarse, that buffalo is not to shaby.
HH everyone

I do love seeing silver in the plug...I have trouble containing myself every time. That was only my 3rd IH

Congrads on the wheats and silver

Thanks Dirt :D

Back
Top Bottom