Detecting log book

Florida Tabdigger

Elite Member
A couple weeks ago I started a MDing log book to keep track of when I hunted and the finds. Be interesting to keep track of time vs finds. Now if I can remember to keep it up to date...lol

I keep a log. Its fun to keep track of the hunts and finds. I bought a sturdy hard cover log book that looks like it will last a hundred years I hope to leave it to my first grandchild. I note the days i hunt, the hours, the locations, the weather and finds and anything else of note. Its fun to go back and read too.

My notes consist of research for caches... then when I do check an area, I include a small diagram of area searched, finds and observations. Then, in the future, if I discover more relevant data, it can be collated with past information. RickO

Wifey gave me a lined notebook.
Must be about 4"x6" in size.

Front pages hold tips and tricks to remember.
Then the yearly hunts, locations, finds, and notes.

Back pages have Future Hunts, Locations, Peoples Phone #'s.
The little book has become another tool in the Gear Bag.

I've referred back to it for past hunt info or finds.
Dates of Events, reminders of various upcoming hunts.

I missed placed it once and was lucky enough to find it.
I'd say it helps me to be a more productive hunter.

I'll be using the i-detect software this year. Plenty of details can be added about your finds if you want to put it in there. Should be interesting later on to see how it's working.

A couple weeks ago I started a MDing log book to keep track of when I hunted and the finds. Be interesting to keep track of time vs finds. Now if I can remember to keep it up to date...lol

now there is the challenge....remembering to update it

Thanks Meggie.... I downloaded that one... I have I-Detect as well... I like to explore all options. For cache hunting, it takes a lot of information, some written, some copied, some stored on PC. Will see how this fits my applications. RickO

Great Idea

I'm sitting here waiting for my first MD to arrive and think thats a great idea for a newbe like me. It will make a great learning tool plus how fun it will be to look back on. Thanks again for another great tip!:bow:

TOM

Logs:

I kept my first M.D. log last year and incl. the date, where the finds were made, what the finds were, amt. of coins, their total value, total coins for the year and their value. Wish I had did the same thing the year before when I really began to get serious about metal detecting.

Another idea that I saw somewhere in these forums, is to use a scrapbook. You can include pictures, parts of maps, park information, and the usual data as to who, what, where and when. In scrapbook style, years later or when you want to return to a site, you'll have all the info needed or just to show off what you found to someone,

i'm using an excel spread sheet. tried posting it but could not attach it. any ideas?

You might be able to hit the print screen button on your computer with the spread sheet pulled up and then paste that to the reply, but it copys everything shown on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom