small gold with lots of ice! (update post 18)

007tallguy

Elite Member
i headed off to another of my fav beaches bright and early this morning. i wasn't on the sand for more than 10 minutes and got a solid 41 reading. i'm thinking "tinfoil", but as i scraped a couple of inches of sand away, this little darling presented itself to me! ring no 10 for the year! (3rd gold)
the poor little thing only weighs in at 2.2 grams, but sure has a lot of purdy stones in it! :shock:
i'm finding it hard to make out the writing on the inside, but my eyes are telling me "22". (do they even make 22 karat?) the way the stones are set and that reading on the ATP are good signs it's the real deal. :yes:

i also scored the little tank and 6.11 in clad. (gotta love those 1 and 2 dollar coins, lol) and a pound or so of trash, as usual. :roll:

i'd be interested if anyone knows what the pink stones might be? :yes:

thanks for looking,

Pete :D

Attachments

• IMAG0387.jpg
    IMAG0387.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 554
  • IMAG0390.jpg
    IMAG0390.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 544
  • IMAG0392.jpg
    IMAG0392.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 553
  • IMAG0402.jpg
    IMAG0402.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMAG0398.jpg
    IMAG0398.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 529
Here in the UK the common Carat's are 9ct 18ct and you do see 22ct so hopefully yours is the more valuble 22ct :thumbsup:

I like it, damn I like it a lot, very nice find. Well done:

That's a nice one! Worth more to sell than melt value too.

Nice find, a few grams of yellow is always welcome... As far as the stones go, bust em out, they aren't worth keeping...

Looks like a nice little diamond and ruby ring... I would sell it just the way it is and not for melt. congrats

a little update on the little ring:
i'm thinking to myself ---> :hmmm: i've got an acid test kit here, why not put it to good use, lol. :whistle:
the ring is NOT 22K, regardless of what it looks like (to my eyes). it failed the 18K test (right pic), but it passed the 14K test (left pic) with flying colors! (pics attached)

thank you all for the great comments! :good: and i do think it would be an awful shame to just scrap it. if i ever part with it, one way or another it'll go as a ring.

P.

Attachments

• IMAG0403.jpg
    IMAG0403.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMAG0404.jpg
    IMAG0404.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 421
Back
Top Bottom