Thailand Beach ~ Ring in the scoop!

143Chaos

I have been on vacation in Thailand now for a couple of weeks, but my initial plan for hunting a great resort beach ended with the flu for about 5 days (Absolutely no hunting on that great beach :( ). I did finally make it out Saturday to another little island resort for a few days that is a hot spot for lots of Russian tourist. My first night (early AM) that I went out to hunt low tide, I was pleasantly (sarcasm) surprised to find about five locals scouring the beach!! Needless to say ~ Totally bummed!! Second night I went out at low tide ~ Nobody out there, but they had come and gone. Scoop marks everywhere. I know they can't find everything, but it really doesn't help my odds!! :no:
So finally, last night I decided to just go hit it about an hour before dark, and stayed out for about 4 - 5 hours. I got quite a bit more coins, and about half way back to the resort, right at the surf line, I found me a diamond ring in my scoop!! It is very small, and has something stamped inside, but I will have to go buy a loop tomorrow... My eyes suck! The diamond is actually fairly decent sized. The ring looks really old. If all goes well once I can see the stamp, this will be my First Gold!! I do know a bit about jewelry, and it appears to be white gold to me.
This is actually the second ring I have found on this trip, but the other was a junker.
I have about six more days to get in some hunting, and the beach in this town is about 2 blocks away. I'm planning on hitting two different beaches by night in this area.... Very crowded in the day time!
I will post more final pictures of everything that I find later. I just thought I would post my excitement from the last hunt!!

Sadly, the locals do not take the trash with them. Seems stupid considering they come back the next day. They even leave bottle necks with the metal ring laying in the swimming areas! As you can see ~ I clean the beaches as I go!

The third photo is of some jewel encrusted something that is also encrusted in coral and sand.... Most likely junk.

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 669
Thanks Metal! Hey, I lived in Marin for about six years (2000 - 2006). How is the hunting down that way? I may have to be down in the Bay Area for a few days in a couple of weeks.

Kewl ring and like the pic with the two big guys....

D@mn! If you got just a bit closer to the stamp, I could make it out for you; but it looks like three digits at the end... always a good sign.

I was out in Koh Phangang a couple months ago, I hit a party beach where they have the full moon / half moon parties.

I literally couldnt move my detector without finding something. I need to go back just for that!

Hunted a couple other beaches on the other side of the island, it was great, better then any beach here by far, but I dont think I'll ever find anything that compared to that party beach!

Update: Just found another white gold wedding band with 27 diamonds this morning on Pattaya Beach!
I will do a post later.

Most likely it's not gold&diamond but cheap Russian "God save us" silver ring.

Back
Top Bottom