First Ring That Fits for 2018!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After missing a nice window to hunt on Thursday, I was determined to get out today when I saw there was another window available. The thing is that the long MLK weekend on South Beach gets crazy with but I figured that if I got there at 9:30am I could get my hunt in and get out before the craziness began. So that’s what I did. In preparation for going out today, I tried on my wet suit since it was little cool and I expected it to be cloudy. (Conditions that have had me shivering before on past winter water hunts) But after 5 minutes of having it on, I was just too hot so I took it back off and decided to chance it. I’m glad I did as I drove to the beach the early morning cloudiness gave way to a very nice sun. I got in the water and it wasn’t too bad. As I worked myself quickly to the area that I wanted to get to, I saw a dry sand pirate with an Excal (and I thought to myself what a waste!) At about the 2½ hour mark I found a very nice, boulder and rocky patch and was hitting some greenies. The junk ring shows up, and the next target a few minutes later was white goodness! :dingding: I knew it was good but since I had people nearby I put it away quickly. I was now certain I was on the board for 2018 and was now working for #2. The next target after that again a few minutes after was the big silver & onyx ring. A bit of time after that in the same area was silver and onyx ring #2. I hunted for 5 hours with the last hour feeling a little cold and ended up seeing 3 other pirates working the deeper water. When I left the beach, which had lots of people and was walking to my car, the craziness on South Beach was just getting started. :fear: At home, I inspect the ring and it’s marked 999.5 which I suspect is platinum, weighs 8.25 grs and has a woman’s name inscribed. I am so glad that I got out today was able to get on the board with a nice plat! :good:

Attachments

• 1-13-18.jpg
    1-13-18.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 499
  • 1-13-18 Plat.jpg
    1-13-18 Plat.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 499
  • 1-13-18 Silvers.jpg
    1-13-18 Silvers.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 506
  • 1-13-18 Fits.jpg
    1-13-18 Fits.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Nice finds Felix except for those worthless pennies you are infatuated with :D

A plat from China very nice. Chunky. 足白金..
Yeah I noticed it didn't have "Plat" written and had Chinese characters. Are those characters you wrote "platinum" in Chinese? If they are thanks!

I am happy for you Felix. You got a good one you can show off. Good for you. What you going to do with them crusty pennies. I know what you can do. Seed the sand in front of them Minlabs... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KEN. :D

Great job !! Nice way to start the New Year....Keep at it man... I`m jealous of you people down south while I sit here in 3 degree temps wondering what to do...HH ! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom