Cracking the code Deus V4

Oh I have no doubt I'll get the hang of it. Its starting out in the new season of hunting I want to be familiar with all the nuances of it.

tnss, you were using xy today?

Oh I have no doubt I'll get the hang of it. Its starting out in the new season of hunting I want to be familiar with all the nuances of it.

tnns, you were using xy today?

Yep

I can say this with a 100% certainty.
The Xy screen will not pick up some levels of ferrous that mask nonferrous targets. Or said another way,,Deus V4 detector won't alert on some of this.
But this same (mess) that is masking nonferrous target can compromise Signal(s) tone/audio wise.
You will notice some times (no absolutes) the small little rounder painting in the middle of the Xy screen,,not round but round shaped.
Remember masking causes Deus' meter to read what???
Very low even 0,,,so Xy screen here follows this ID it seems.
Actually maybe a better description here,,not an accept but not a reject picture either.
I would never let the Xy screen drive me away from digging a target in an iron infested site.

This thread with all that has been said and asked,,,,,is classroom for V4 IMO.

Yeah I and perhaps you and remmy maybe others hate to rely on numbers or screens too much, but this new xy is another tool in deciphering.. coupled w/audio interpretations. I do look forward to it.

Yeah I and perhaps you and remmy maybe others hate to rely on numbers or screens too much, but this new xy is another tool in deciphering.. coupled w/audio interpretations. I do look forward to it.

Oh yes I agree, any additional info is better than none.
Just remember tone rules the roost for dig-no dig decision.

More modern trash sites,,meter readings more useable for deciding,,,yet a real good find could still slip by.

Also,,I have seen this a few times,,,,you find a good sounding target,,turn 90 degrees and sweep,,ole Xy screen shows iron big time,,do you walk??
Better not!!!!!

Think here,,nonferrous laying by a nail,,,,down the barrel,,what can happen using Deus when swept as such???

Yeah I will keep thinking about what you said, one of us in the country probably swept over that gold coin on V3.2. I think it was me, but everyone else, thinks it was them.

I truly feel now,,,if this one test was conducted (laboratory standards) it would show one of the whys on what V4 is doing vs 3.2 version.

Bury a gold ring intact,,smaller,,and vary depths,,compare V3.2 to V4.0.
I will bet they are a little different.

But then cut the ring and separate a little,,repeat the above tests,,,right here I'll bet V4 shines like a big dog over version 3.2.

Some folks may be wondering how would ole sharpshooter know this???

Look back up at the pick,,study the ferrous items closely.
This is why,,,,I heard some thing today I don't think I had ever heard using 3.2 version.

..and no ones really field tested (I know of) the HF coils yet...that's probably another ballgame. That's one reason I bought the 11 coil, knowing they were introducing these new smaller coils.

Maybe a good used 9 would serve me well instead. Or keep swinging the 11.

..and no ones really field tested (I know of) the HF coils yet...that's probably another ballgame. That's one reason I bought the 11 coil, knowing they were introducing these new smaller coils.

Maybe a good used 9 would serve me well instead. Or keep swinging the 11.

Could be,,I may try one,,still haven't made up my mind.
Having too much fun with the old 9" coil right now.

Some thing else here.
Deus is different no matter what version from a lot of detectors.
I'm no engineer, of any kind.
But Deus is not a detector where a go no go standard is applied exactly vs a lot of other detectors.

Moreso,,Deus,,and with V4 here,,,the reporting,,,the untangling of mineral,,and or ferrous,,,program I think is changed where the (space) between reporting ferrous and nonferrous is more stretched out cs older versions. ( depending on how one looks at this they could say compressed too)

Meaning it takes less of whatever (when detector) is over nonferrous target to set off the audio,

I notice audio is generally more broad vs 3.2 version even on masked targets.
Why did they change disc,,allowing negative???
Good question,,,but this is not the sole reasons behind the sauce with V4.,I know this from yesterday.

The window(s) under the coil,,they way is it working using V4 is different.
What about reactivity 2.5??
Is this one of the keys???
I say yes,,but is more dependent on each actual detecting scenario.

Folks need to remember,,old 3.2version,,using reactivity level 2,,, some targets masked gave longer audio vs reactivity 3 same target swept. But what about coil height advantages??? Moreso here reactivity 2.

So with 2.5 reactivity,,,depending on detecting scenario,,using this setting,,,could allow more coil height and detect,,and allow more crippled nonferrous to be detected vs reactivity 2.

It is very astounding what happens to Deus coil footprint/ performance when reactivity is changed,,,it is not all about recovery speed either.

I think the reason for the negative disc,,one reason anyway,,,folks will see where I have talked about the infamous murmur tone 3.2 would do on some crippled targets.
So far I haven't heard any of these,,and I have been listening too.
They by adding the disc range,,keeps targets from drivin audio tone wise as close to iron range.
I do notice target response on smaller targets masked seems higher using V4.
This though is only speculation about extra disc range.
Could only partially the reason,,,maybe they did something else.

I will alway be on guard for that kinda sounding tone,,,just one of those I can get out of my mind.

If after 6 months of running V4.,I don't hear any,,or recover any targets that are providing,,maybe then I can forget.

I think there was also (a lot) of software changes in the processor as well. That users even w/o the HF coils will (obviously) benefit.

Not just changing values i.e. disc, reactivity, etc..seems they went through the entire software and processes . That's a game changer.

Well I think this version 4 and 3.2 for that matter.

Call for maybe a few $64,000 questions.

No offense here to Xp,,but it does get me to thinking.

Why wasn't what V4 is doing,,why wasn't this put into very first version??
How was the newer versions,,how did they come about.

Was it field tests data that made happen??
I can't see this,,since digging a target and seeing how everything is arranged to base a detector program setting/improvement would be might difficult,,and repeat many times error free.

Lab tests,,,this most likely,,controlled tests,,,using trial and error,,,giving here and taking there,,,,loads of different permutations,,,I wish Inreally knew.

Like a chess board with moves times how MUCH??

Actually we are talking reengineer done here (electronically)
Wonder if any of Xp's engineers have said of late,,,why didn't I see this earlier.
Or was it a new engineer entirely (fresh set of eyes) that discovered or gave input.

Wonder just how boxed in Xp is with Deus from a programming standpoint??

This was always something that concerned me,,,being boxed in.

Is this it for Deus platform version wise for increased performance ??
Could be,,maybe not.

Anyway,,,gotta say Xp knocked it out of the park with Deus.

Well, we will never know. We still have the physical units that we bought when they were new. They just have the 1's and 0's re-arranged differently.

Im sure they left plenty of headroom and the programs are only getting more complex.

I knew this was going to be a good detector before I even bought it. Now the ante is up'd Im in for the challenge now, and hopefully sometime in the next week be swinging my "new" detector.

Well, we will never know. We still have the physical units that we bought when they were new. They just have the 1's and 0's re-arranged differently.

Im sure they left plenty of headroom and the programs are only getting more complex.

I knew this was going to be a good detector before I even bought it. Now the ante is up'd Im in for the challenge now, and hopefully sometime in the next week be swinging my "new" detector.

Well there is one sure fire way we'll if they have headroom.
Let's see how many more version updates take place where performance increases,,not bells and whisltes.

If they have hit the wall in places,,,,you can bet the farm,,their next platform will have this wall(s) extended.

I wouldn't go too negative,,,you can try,,we'll wait for you to tell us what happens.

I just report what I see,,what I hear,,and my opinion,,and yes even recommendations.

I was just thinking, how far would be too far? I say this because my hot program is -6.4 as it came??

"Digging nails"" yeh no kidding. Lol

Holy cow but I did squeak a couple out after some adjustements as I went. 3.2 I had tweaked perfectly...V4 is going to take some getting use to.

Didn't have a lot of time today but did manage squeak a 43p war nickle out of the iron eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_3115.jpg
    IMG_3115.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 327
"Digging nails"" yeh no kidding. Lol

Holy cow but I did squeak a couple out after some adjustements as I went. 3.2 I had tweaked perfectly...V4 is going to take some getting use to.

Didn't have a lot of time today but did manage squeak a 43p war nickle out of the iron eventually.

See,,,I reported this.

Some info on depth Deus V4.

I can say this.,,a very bold statement.
Minelab etracers and CTxers had better watch out for Deus V4.

Minelabbers had better get ready if hunting with Deus V4ers,,to maybe sweep sweep a target found by Deus user,,even a solo sitting dime deeper,,,Minelabbers may come up short here signal wise.

10" deep clad dime sounds awfully good on Deus V4,,with both 9 and 11" coils.
9" deep dime,,using 11" coil sounds like it is maybe 4 or 5" deep.
A honking signal,,,very forgiving to get too,,not messing around much with coil position.

Just to indicate here,,9" deep clad dime using 11" coil,,4 ticks in mineral meter,,I can use TX power of 1,, reactivity 2, silencer -1,, 8khZ, and dial sens all he way down to 75 and boom!!! A good solid smooth signal.

This is all based off of some of my test in my test garden as far as the bold statement part.

The coins were in with nails and eventually (not sure what my settings ended up being ) it did a good job picking them out of the iron. Coins were probably 6" or so surrounded by nails.

But It's going to take some getting use to for me anyway.

I don't know,,,if Deus version 4 is deeper or is deeper in higher mineral.
Could be both,,I know it is deeper in at least medium minerlized soil.

And I can't say yet how much deeper either in my soil vs 3.2 version.
I look forward to rehunting my sites though,,should prove interesting.

Tn have you compared with v3.2 with audio response turned all the way up? Does it give you the same honking signal on your 9" dime? If not then there must be some software tweaks that process the signal differently.

Tn have you compared with v3.2 with audio response turned all the way up? Does it give you the same honking signal on your 9" dime? If not then there must be some software tweaks that process the signal differently.

4.0 version as far as I can tell, give better signal on my dimes in test gardens,,compared to 3.2 version.
I have played with settings on both versions,,,I can use lower settings and arrive at same or better place compared to 3.2 version using version 4.0.

Something else to note here,,,I have 4 ticks in the mineral meter.
10" deep dime,,smoothest signal is with reactivity 2 setting silencer -1,,8khz.

4khz washed out signal,,and even using 8kz with tx power set to 3,, signal not as good vs Tx power at 2.

Using 8khz,,tx power 2... Reactivity settings 0 and 1 both strike the deep dime,,but signal not as pure,,choppy a bit sounding,,,coil sweep speed a bit more sensivite. All this data,,using 11" coil.

Too early to say this is so,,but I am suspecting Deus is now more frequency dependent on higher conductors,,,,why so I say this,,,seems to be a abigger difference noted when shifting from 8kh to 12 kHz and sweeping these dimes.
18khz,,,don't seem to work as good on deeper dimes.

If you will go read,,most folks tested Deus previously,,and said,,,very unlikely a coin found in another freq besides 18khz,,,when switching to 18khz it would be heard also....I am questioning this now with V4 Deus.
Not sure yet,,more time will expose.

May reload version 3.2 into one of my units,,,go back to test garden.
Some thing else too,,I need to compare mineralization meter readings between 3.2 and 4.0,,, will do head to head DeuS 3.2 vs 4.0 in test garden ,,and compare mineral meters.

Hopefully will do this weekend,,,and post here.

Last edited:
I would very much look forward to your head to head test between V3.2 and V4.

All information is valued, most of us have only one Deus, and cant do these comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom