Modified Excalibur Headphones with Bluetooth Cell Phone Integration

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
Ok ,so I know what some of you might say that I'm a bit crazy to do this and that your detecting time is your alone time. But if you are like me and you have a fiance that worries because you're out for so long or you are in high demand then this mod is for you.
So...I decided to add a motorcycle bluetooth headset into my custom built excalibur headphones. More commonly known among my friends as the "PB7's" which has now become the BT-PB7's.
This is completely seperate from the detector audio. It only connects to my cell phone and allows me to recieve calls or text messages and make them via voice command. It can also act as an intercom between units so another hunting buddy can have one to talk to.
I purchased a Buyee headset on Amazon and managed to mount the main unit on the ear cup. I pulled the cup apart and cut a new piece of plastic to mount both speakers, one on top of each other. The main BT unit is "supposed" to be waterpoof and I added to gortex to the speaker and mic to help protect against water.
Since this is experimental, its possible that it will fail over time but I think it will work for a while. Now I can stay in communication in case of an emergency or anything that comes up like checking the current price of gold!

Attachments

• Pic-1.jpg
    Pic-1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Pic-2.jpg
    Pic-2.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Pic-3.jpg
    Pic-3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Pic-4.jpg
    Pic-4.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
But if you are like me and you have a fiance that worries because you're out for so long or you are in high demand then this mod is for you.

Some real nice work SS! Lots of work there to keep the Misses happy!

Wouldn’t it have been way cheaper in the long run and less work to just ditch the fiancé?:lol:

Nice work I like it. I was thinking about integrating a Wally talkie head set into a set of headphones so buddies could keep in touch on long hunts in big areas.

Wouldn’t it have been way cheaper in the long run and less work to just ditch the fiancé?:lol:

Nice work I like it. I was thinking about integrating a Wally talkie head set into a set of headphones so buddies could keep in touch on long hunts in big areas.

Ha...thats funny! Yeah, I dont think I could do that but thanks. If I can ever convince one of my buddies to get one then we could chat through the intercom feature which would be really nice to do.
So far its working OK but Im still testing so we'll see if its worth getting another.

Back
Top Bottom