Newcomer in NW Florida

Dirty Nails

Elite Member
I've always enjoyed finding useful or valuable things on the ground, but I never considered trying metal detecting. In February 2018, a friend urged me to try detecting and loaned me a Fisher F2. Since then I've done a lot of detecting in Fort Walton Beach, FL and Panama City, FL. I've collected $10.25 in clad, copper wires, copper pipe fittings, some brass, and a lot of junk.

I'd like to add a thank you to the forum users because I used this forum like a library. I learned the lingo. I learned how to walk in a grid pattern to maximize collection. I learned how to clean coins. Thank you all so much for the info.

So I'm currently using a borrowed Fisher F2 (fantastic machine for newcomers), but I'm awaiting the delivery of a Garrett Ace 350. My YTD clad is $10.25, with no coins or finds of significance.

Hey hey! Welcome from the Great White North! I was in PCB in Feb this year, I got to hit several beaches including St Andrew's State Park.. Last year I was over in Fort Walton Beach as well.. Small world..

I've always enjoyed finding useful or valuable things on the ground, but I never considered trying metal detecting. In February 2018, a friend urged me to try detecting and loaned me a Fisher F2. Since then I've done a lot of detecting in Fort Walton Beach, FL and Panama City, FL. I've collected $10.25 in clad, copper wires, copper pipe fittings, some brass, and a lot of junk.

I'd like to add a thank you to the forum users because I used this forum like a library. I learned the lingo. I learned how to walk in a grid pattern to maximize collection. I learned how to clean coins. Thank you all so much for the info.

So I'm currently using a borrowed Fisher F2 (fantastic machine for newcomers), but I'm awaiting the delivery of a Garrett Ace 350. My YTD clad is $10.25, with no coins or finds of significance.
Sounds like you are off to a good start. HH

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the greetings. My Garrett 350 arrived on Saturday and I hope to use it this week.

Garrett 350, YTD clad $11.04, a lot of junk, and no items of significance.

Welcome from the Atlantic side. Head to the forums "Beach section" and you'll probably learn better tips related to your hunting style.

Back
Top Bottom