Back on the silver train! Silvers #40-48 FTY this evening from the trashy park...

Waveoff

Elite Member
I've been on a bit of a silver drought lately. Mostly because of work and having to run my mother to cancer treatments when I'm not working.

This past weekend, I went on a metal detecting road trip. I had the opportunity to hunt a large permission in Cashtown, PA with Civil War history on Friday. Saturday, I went down to Maryland to hunt with some of the Hoover Boys. Sunday, I was back in PA near my old hometown of Middletown to hunt a family friend's farm that used to be a tannery in the 1800s. My road trip didn't net me any amazing finds and it was rife with speed bumps from the get go! That whole adventure can be told in another thread...

In an effort to snap out of my silver slump, I decided to hit my local trashy park located in a bad part of town. This place has become my new honey hole and is usually good for at least one silver each hunt. This evening did not disappoint. I proceeded to hunt an area that I had been avoiding because it was loaded with trashy signals and would make my Etrac go nuts even with a trashy park pattern. I decided to try the Nox with a very tight coin pattern and it dealt with the trash nicely. I found all of this on a quick 2 hour and 45 minute hunt. 9 silvers in one hunt is my second best hunt this year and of all time. Thanks for looking!

WX1n4Zz.jpg

D8jFvTC.jpg

can i ask just how you set your "nox' up for this hunt in the trash?
you said you used a "very tight coin pattern"?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

What’s your name?? I’m friends with the Hoover boys and Steve and Ron. Great finds! Are you Tyler or James lol. BTW I’m Vic Tucker, I’m going up in July to hunt with Steve, Ron, bill, and Leo and some other guys from our group chat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can i ask just how you set your "nox' up for this hunt in the trash?
you said you used a "very tight coin pattern"?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I just basically disc'd out everything but nickels and zincolns and higher.

What’s your name?? I’m friends with the Hoover boys and Steve and Ron. Great finds! Are you Tyler or James lol. BTW I’m Vic Tucker, I’m going up in July to hunt with Steve, Ron, bill, and Leo and some other guys from our group chat

Thanks Vic! I'm Fred and I hunt with James and Tyler pretty often around Pittsburgh here. We're so grateful they invited us down to hunt with them. Such a great group of guys! Steve and I have been texting back and forth about Nox settings. Hopefully we can get back down there to detect with all of them again or have them up to Pittsburgh for a hunt sometimes. Send me a PM with your number Vic. Maybe we can get together for a hunt when I go down to VA to visit the military school I used to attend.

Sounds like you earned some reward time Fred. Hope you mother is doing better. The trips sound like some pretty nice adventures but the trashy honey hole put the cherry on the weekend. Nine Silver's in less than 3 hours is a great hunt. Congrats my friend as your putting together a fantastic year. Trapper

I just basically disc'd out everything but nickels and zincolns and higher.

Thanks Vic! I'm Fred and I hunt with James and Tyler pretty often around Pittsburgh here. We're so grateful they invited us down to hunt with them. Such a great group of guys! Steve and I have been texting back and forth about Nox settings. Hopefully we can get back down there to detect with all of them again or have them up to Pittsburgh for a hunt sometimes. Send me a PM with your number Vic. Maybe we can get together for a hunt when I go down to VA to visit the military school I used to attend.

That wouldn’t be hargrave would it?? I have permission to detect there

Congrats on a major silver haul Fred. I'm glad to see you were able to get back out. That pesky thing called life just gets in the way. Hope your mom is doing better. I had heard Tyler was headed to Maryland, glad to see you made it as well. I'm sure it was pretty cool hunt. Take care and HH Mark

Sounds like you earned some reward time Fred. Hope you mother is doing better. The trips sound like some pretty nice adventures but the trashy honey hole put the cherry on the weekend. Nine Silver's in less than 3 hours is a great hunt. Congrats my friend as your putting together a fantastic year. Trapper

Thank you Trapper. My mother is in good spirits and is coping well. She's even gotten me a couple of permissions recently.:)

Youre on the silver express! I fell off the silver and gold wagon.:no:

That gold wagon left me behind a looooong time ago.:lol:

Congrats on a major silver haul Fred. I'm glad to see you were able to get back out. That pesky thing called life just gets in the way. Hope your mom is doing better. I had heard Tyler was headed to Maryland, glad to see you made it as well. I'm sure it was pretty cool hunt. Take care and HH Mark

Thank you Mark. Hopefully mom continues to feel ok. Her treatments are only going to get more aggressive from here on out. She's a tough lady though! Hope to see you soon buddy.:)

Nice! 48 silvers!! Are you sure you have a job?? LOL. I was in PA and Maryland a couple weeks ago and the history seemed to be everywhere. I would expect you guys to do good but that's really good. Congrats!

Wow! Nice park hunt! Congrats on the pile o silver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spectacular Wave! It’s not too often anyone comes away with a 9 silver hunt in less than 3 hours. In fact,it’s pretty much unheard of nowadays. In the 80s? Maybe so,but not now. You’ve got a great piece of ground,clean that sucker OUT!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom