Hawaii trip!

NoxDude

Elite Member
Hey guys,

I am heading to Hawaii on the 3rd of April! My wife sprunge this one me for my 50th birthday gift. My question is I was going to bring my nox 800 to do some hunting. Any advice on what to bring ?? I will be taking my 800 in water for the first time. Flying into Honolulu . Any place that would be good for hunting?? How should I pack my 800? I still have the box it came in and was gping to use it. Was going to get a over size bag to carry it. Would love to bring my sand scoop but the handle is long and afraid my scoop will get damage. Any suggestions would be great!

Nox dude

Hey guys,

I am heading to Hawaii on the 3rd of April! My wife sprunge this one me for my 50th birthday gift. My question is I was going to bring my nox 800 to do some hunting. Any advice on what to bring ?? I will be taking my 800 in water for the first time. Flying into Honolulu . Any place that would be good for hunting?? How should I pack my 800? I still have the box it came in and was gping to use it. Was going to get a over size bag to carry it. Would love to bring my sand scoop but the handle is long and afraid my scoop will get damage. Any suggestions would be great!

Nox dude

TOO many questions, obviously you are not prepared for such an arduous trip such as this one.. I will happily volunteer to take your place so to spare you the drudgery of this trip.. Those were first class tickets, right?!

Ideally, dismantle the 800 to it's smaller pieces, to see how it will fit in your luggage. Pick up a small spade when you get there (saves lugging yours, and they are not expensive).. Hit the beaches where the crowds go and enjoy yourself!

You sure I can't take your place?

Bring the scoop and maybe you can buy a throw away handle in Hawaii.

Is Home Depot in Hawaii?

You know.... For just one first class ticket, I'll happily come along....

LOL

Anyways, I would bring the Nox, and just get a couple cheap accessories when you get there. I'm sure there's a walmart, I used a cheap kitty litter scoop for the longest time LOL

Thank you guys for the advice. I have purchased a large wooden dowel and cut it to size and bring it with me. Purchased a large duffel bag. It fits pretty good. It is only temporary. 1 day of hunting will work just fine. The dowel little lose but I expect the wood to swell a bit and was able to tighten the screw to hold the handle. Will be very interesting to see what I find. Never been in the water/beach before with the 800. Pretty much going to check on every reading. Maybe find gold? While my wife and son snorkels, I detect! That is my birthday present!! I will post anything that I find that is good. Not expecting a lot of clad. Hawaii here I come!!

ALOHA!!

Nox Dude

Hopefully you get storm/erosion action on the days preceding your arrival. Such that the wet sand is riddled with targets. If so: Send me my 30 % :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom