Cell Phone Found!

NC_Jim

Last summer a friend of mine came to my store with a problem. He had lost his cell phone while walking in a potato field and couldn't find it. The potatoes had not been harvested and the potato vines covered the field. He knew I had a detector and asked could I help him. I told him I couldn't get away right then but he was welcomed to use my detector. I gave him the short course on how to operate my Garrett GTAx 750 and what signal to listen for. He returned about 2 hours later with cell phone in hand and a big smile on his face!

He should have borrowed your cell phone and gone back out to the field and called himself :D

He hasn't committed to taking up the hobby, but he manages a large farm with quite a few fields that used to be home to old stores and house sites ... hopefully that will open the door to some good hunting later on.

*By the way ... he had cut the phone off before getting out of his truck to inspect the potato field ... therefore calling the phone wasn't an option.

cool story , its always a good thing to help out some one in need . do you think a metal detector could find me my next ex wife :lol:

Back
Top Bottom