• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Any one using a Mars coil?

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
I've been using Nel coils for a while & the screw in connector on them keep breaking. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Mars coils? Any input is appreciated. HH Tim

NEL coils come with lighter screws than the AT Pro stock. You can pick up replacements for about $6 on eBay though.

Looking at all the MARS coils (i was going to buy one), they're all HEAVIER than NEL... which is why I went that direction instead. Ah well! NEL has done well by me. Never broken a screw yet, but I have noted they flex pretty hard!

Skippy

NEL coils come with lighter screws than the AT Pro stock. You can pick up replacements for about $6 on eBay though.

Looking at all the MARS coils (i was going to buy one), they're all HEAVIER than NEL... which is why I went that direction instead. Ah well! NEL has done well by me. Never broken a screw yet, but I have noted they flex pretty hard!

Skippy
Not the plastic bolt that holds it on the shaft. It's the screw in connector that goes into the control housing. I just got a Mars Goliath coil today it's lighter than the Nel attack. Everything is lighter & smaller. The cable is smaller.

Not the plastic bolt that holds it on the shaft. It's the screw in connector that goes into the control housing. I just got a Mars Goliath coil today it's lighter than the Nel attack. Everything is lighter & smaller. The cable is smaller.

Thanks for the clarification on the connection...

Regarding weight, there is apparently some mis-information out on the web. On some sites, I saw 635 grams of weight, which is 22.4 ounces. On other sites, I saw the MARS coil was listed at 2.312 pounds (~37 ounces)

It's one of the reasons I went with the NEL Thunder, instead of the Mars goliath. I thought there was a 3/4 pound difference! Interesting...

nel-attack-info.jpg

Attachments

• MARS.jpg
    MARS.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for the clarification on the connection...

Regarding weight, there is apparently some mis-information out on the web. On some sites, I saw 635 grams of weight, which is 22.4 ounces. On other sites, I saw the MARS coil was listed at 2.312 pounds (~37 ounces)

It's one of the reasons I went with the NEL Thunder, instead of the Mars goliath. I thought there was a 3/4 pound difference! Interesting...

nel-attack-info.jpg

The Goliath coil doesn't have epoxy in the web of the coil. It just has it where the windings are. I guess they did that to save on weight. I'll see if it works as good as my Nel attack did. That coil when working properly was deep.

Back
Top Bottom