Broke My Siver Drought Bigly

Dan48

Been getting skunked since last fall and was starting to think I'd never find silver again but I've broken the curse. Last two hunts have rewarded me with a seated quarter, dated 1875 (only the second I've ever found), two Siver Washington's in the same hole, two Rosie's, one merc and best of all, a walker half. Have only ever found two in thirty years and haven't found another in over a decade. Wasn't even going to dig it because my machine was telling me it was a penny at 5 inches and I'd been digging those all morning. Glad I did!

Happy hunting to all and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 172
.Oh, and a fake gold ring. Really thought I'd scored the real deal the way my luck had been!

Sorry the photos are upside down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 158
Excellent finds congrats! I can't believe that walker registered so low, j wonder if there was something else in the hole dragging the signal down? Happy hunting!

There was a lot of junk in this park and some pretty close to the half. Pretty sure that was throwing off the numbers. The merc I dug, was reading and sounding like a zinc or Indian.

Good experience to have seen how misleading numbers and even sounds can be in a junky park. Probably why it still has some keepers in it.

Nice old silvers, Dan. Places that need a return visit. Congrats!

Thanks to all and just looked at my thread with my glasses on... Apparently, I should have been wearing them prior posting. Sorry for the poor spelling in addition to the upside down pics!

Back
Top Bottom