3 Silver Hunt- Bucket Lister!! 1854 3 Cent Piece

METALMANIAC-NY

Elite Member
Went to the "well" one more time. Long hike into the woods to the old swimming hole....5 hour hunt was worth it! Only time of the year when you can swing in the thick brush. Dug some junk, shotgun shells in the first hour....finally hit a wheatie and a flat button and then got a solid mid tone....61-62 on the ATP. Lots of rocks and roots....pulled out a little silverish disc...I thought it was a small button. My eyes are terrible...I couldn't make out anything.....pulled out the loop....SCORE!!! 1854 Silver 3 Cent Piece......my first TRIME and what a cool coin!! I'm stoked!
Started hitting hard to get at areas, under pricker bushes, kicking logs aside......bam! HIGH TONE! 81-83 at about 6 inches.... Had a heck of a time digging through the tangles of roots....finally saw the glint of silver! 1893 Barber Dime......Im having a blast...:yes:
Dug a wheatie....and hit 2 crusty IH's in a row...still have to clean them. At that time I decided to head out and detected back to the trail....in the middle f the trail I get a 85-86 on the ATP....thinking clad quarter or silver.......SILVER #3 for the day.....1903 Barber Dime. I am truly grateful to have found that site.....getting harder but each find is more rewarding.
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

PS - TRIMES are TINY & THIN.....I mean like fish scale small....lol....Cant believe I pulled that one....finally.

Attachments

• April 14  Tray.JPG
    April 14 Tray.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 1854 TRIME Front.JPG
    1854 TRIME Front.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 1854 TRIME Back.JPG
    1854 TRIME Back.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Barber hole  April 14th 2017.jpg
    Barber hole April 14th 2017.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 3 silver hunt  april 14th 2017.JPG
    3 silver hunt april 14th 2017.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 299
Congrats. Ive been fortunate enough to find 3 but none are less common type II 90% silver like yours

Beautiful saves and welcome to the Trime Club! It is very interesting how such thin silver coins ring up.

Congratulations !! Those silver three cent pieces sure don't show up very often. Really glad to see your efforts paying off. Hope you are able to get more before the area gets too difficult to hunt. Looks like a great site.

Back
Top Bottom