1799 draped bust dollar!!!

Delcojohn

https://metaldetectingforum.com/att...nt.php?attachmentid=381137&stc=1&d=1491019155

I Found this 13" down got a 10" dime signal thinking I had a deep dime on the e-trac was getting 1-40, 1-45, 1-41 and 12-45 was having a nasty hunt with a couple of wheats so I got this thinking I got a piece of silver finally and dug under tree roots until I almost wanted to give up cause I was at least a foot down past the previous signal that gave me a 10" dime hit so I probed the hole and the pinpointed went so I figured at least I'll try to find out what it is cause at this point and depth didn't think coin so took out one more scoop to see and out of the hole was a big disc. It was night time when I found this so couldn't make out what I had right away so rubbed the rim cause even in low light it appeared silver but a dollar was the last thing on my mind my first thought is lead but wasn't heavy enough. Through the dirt I saw what I had and this happened:shock:

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,407
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 1,167
These are before and after pics at home. I have seated quarter as size reference that I found sunday. To make a point, all sights I dig are legitimated and I prefer night hunts because I tend to hear better when less traffic and noise is around to distract me so NOT SNEAKING AROUND just in case anyone would ask why I go out at night just happen to like it better hope you like pics. Wish it didn't come out with a scratch:bad rain: but in life perfect is hard to come by at least I found the coin. It will never happen again but once is ok with me cause I never expected to find a draped bust anything in the first place. found 1901-s barber quarter couple years back, 9-1-15, but never posted cause I didn't have before but only after pics. Credible finds need both but got it slabbed and came back AG-3. Sorry about the talking just wanted to mention that coin to because it deserves recognition too bad I never posted it. Didn't think people would believe me cause I tend to post only rare finds. It just amazes me what is still out there in this day and age. It only takes one hole to change your life. Still in shock by the way

That's a real nice coin. Glad you gave us an after pic of it. Not everyone doubts posts. I only posted a clean pic of my silver dollar a month after starting this hobby and wondered the same. But now that I have a smart phone you might get to see all my junk too.

Congratulations !! It's a beauty

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Is that the first silver dollar of your hunting career?
I think I would have had to call the paramedics ! :yikes:
AWESOME FIND, BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS !
:wow2::wow2::wow2:

You have got to be freakin' kidding me/us. Are you serious ? Dude, that's banner material over on T'net. I'd certainly vote for it! That is the "hole in one" of many md'rs. Drool-worthy.

That is an incredibly gorgeous coin! I think that beats the walking Liberty for beauty. Absolutely gorgeous! I wish we still minted nice coins like that. Now we do stuff like the SBA and the SAC. :p:pullhair::gaah::censored:

serveimage

serveimage

Real nice find ! Have you taken it to George yet, for his thoughts ? The guy is just so knowledgeable! Was it found in Delco ? Again, great find !

OUTFRIGGINSTANDING! CONGRATS ! Thats the best coin find I've seen since I joined this forum. You'll be hard pressed to top that one. God bless and again congrats on a super save. HH Mark

Purple Plumsmugglin Piccolo Player!!!! Cotton Pickin Finger Licken City Slickin Chicken Plucker! Outstanding! What a beauty!

You have got to be freakin' kidding me/us. Are you serious ? Dude, that's banner material over on T'net. I'd certainly vote for it! That is the "hole in one" of many md'rs. Drool-worthy.
X2 .... definitely drool-worthy!!!! Who needs a bucket list when you have that.....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That is freakin awesome! Big congrats! To be honest, I had no idea silver dollars were made in the 1700's. Looks like I got some studying to do.

Man o man nice score wish my first dollar coin a couple weeks ago was this... but hey I'll take my 1971 Ike LOL.... one of these days! Congrats sir she's a beauty!!! Happy Hunting!!!

MetalHead

Wow! Congrats. I will never find anything that old or rare in my area. I am very jealous 😉

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom