Stepping it up (Eventually)

Benevo_Malevo

Ok, so I just got my first detector (Bounty Hunter Platinum) and my plan is to upgrade all of my equipment eventually.

That being said, what would be the next logical step in a detector? I'm thinking an AT Pro. I'd like the next detector to be something that can handle a wet sand salt water beach area. Something around the $800 mark.

Any other suggestions? Or are there going to be new detectors in the future? I'm not planning on getting a new detector for another year or so, but depending on my finds, it could be sooner.

Etrac ,safari,se pro,explorer 2..... just for wet sandy salt beaches,and great for land hunting also..used Etrac are well within your budget with a extra coil to boot.

Ok, so I just got my first detector (Bounty Hunter Platinum) and my plan is to upgrade all of my equipment eventually.

That being said, what would be the next logical step in a detector? I'm thinking an AT Pro. I'd like the next detector to be something that can handle a wet sand salt water beach area. Something around the $800 mark.

Any other suggestions? Or are there going to be new detectors in the future? I'm not planning on getting a new detector for another year or so, but depending on my finds, it could be sooner.
Multifrequency is the only way to handle conductive salt AND discriminate iron. A Safari, Explorer, CZ3D, Sov, v3i or DFX will work but are not waterproof. For waterproof your options are Excal, cz21, BHID, or CTX. Check with forum sponsor s for your best price. A competent scoop will run you $160-220. T-Rex, sunspot/stealth, and RTG are some of the industry leaders.

FWIW, it is better to buy a competent USED machine than buy a new machine that doesn't work so good in salt.....IE, an ATPro, MX Sport, and other single frequency machines.

Excellent information. Thank you. When the time comes, I'll get a waterproof salt water beach machine and then further down the line, replace the BH Plat with an AT Pro. It seems my step son and wife are semi-interested in the hobby as well, so the BH Plat can be a hand-me-down. I suspect they won't be as serious as I am about the whole thing. :laughing:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just looked at all of the waterproof models you listed and it looks like the White's Beach Hunter 300 is going to be closest to my eventual budget. Plus. it has 3 lights to indicate what the item is. Maybe it's just because I'm just starting out, but the machines that have no indication other than the sound seems a bit daunting to me. Hopefully that won't be the case later down the road when I'm more experienced.

Just looked at all of the waterproof models you listed and it looks like the White's Beach Hunter 300 is going to be closest to my eventual budget. Plus. it has 3 lights to indicate what the item is. Maybe it's just because I'm just starting out, but the machines that have no indication other than the sound seems a bit daunting to me. Hopefully that won't be the case later down the road when I'm more experienced.

The BHID is a nice little machine for the money. It has a manual ground balance instead of auto GB like on the CZ and Excal. But it works great. Only downside is the BHID coil floats. So you have to push a little to keep it from floating to the top. Back on land, in the wet sand it works nice.

Watch the forum for sale section and CL ads. I found a mint one for $100.....Used, they range from $275-400.

Just remember with any ID machine that a gold ring or most jewelry will register anywhere between foil and pull tab. Even with a digital readout you still have to dig lots of trash to find treasure. That's why I favor my single tone Tesoros.

Dig It All

Noah

IMO, if you discriminate iron you will skip 99% of trash and gain the advantage of finding the good stuff before someone else does. Yes, you can get a PI machine, dig everything, and not miss something, but to what avail? I have PI machines but I only.use them when diving where there is very little trash. I use a quality disc machine for the beach to make the most of every hunt.

Learn what you have before you think about stepping up to something else. By then there may be more newer detectors to choose from and you will have a better idea what you want or need.

Learn what you have before you think about stepping up to something else. By then there may be more newer detectors to choose from and you will have a better idea what you want or need.
Agreed. I don't plan on upgrading for at least a year. The only way I could do it any sooner would be to hit several rings and some gold coins. :laughing:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom