water hunt

codmander

Elite Member
only my 2nd time in the water ,,, arms were so sore had to make a swing arm ,,flagpole holder pvc with broom stick,no drilling needed fit in excisting hole 1 bolt and a plastic tie,,worked AWESOME!!!

558149_600580533295013_680232860_n.jpg

no gold or silver ,,,,,,,,,yet

165429_600581149961618_1000049066_n.jpg

Cod what am I missing here?
How did this help?:?:

You still had to move the coil threw the water???

Did you make the shaft longer??

Cod what am I missing here?
How did this help?:?:

You still had to move the coil threw the water???

Did you make the shaft longer??

bolted a flagpole holder to the shaft.(pic).than insert a 2/3 ft broomstick ..now you have a swing arm using both arms to move your coil threw the water works great effortless

pic with stick

529346_600602653292801_1102334242_n.jpg

Slow Down Your Swinging....

bolted a flagpole holder to the shaft.(pic).than insert a 2/3 ft broomstick ..now you have a swing arm using both arms to move your coil threw the water works great effortless

pic with stick

529346_600602653292801_1102334242_n.jpg

:saywhat: What the hell is that....you're killing me! :lol:

I didn't realize you were swinging a lightweight detector like the AT... instead of using a broomstick why don't you just slow down your swing speed? You don't realize it but that broom handle is going to create much more drag in the water...

I didn't realize you were swinging a lightweight detector like the AT... instead of using a broomstick why don't you just slow down your swing speed? You don't realize it but that broom handle is going to create much more drag in the water...

im tellin ya works great ,,,tested for the old folks its a must !! for youngins cover ground faster ,,im a scoop dragger

laugh now ... but I can cover 3 times the water 3 times faster ,,:laughing:

Craig is right, if you are swinging 3 times faster....you ARE missing targets.
There is a hunter in this area that swings so fast he is out of site in no time. I can come along behind him and it is like that water was never hunted.

:saywhat: What the hell is that....you're killing me! :lol:

elbows are gone only way i can go ...effortless this way and much much faster,, imean you can go as fast as you want i dont miss much if i do its tryin to zero in with the scoop being a scoop rookie,,, basicly i can swing my coil as if its a dry sand hunt WITH NO PAIN IN fact ill probly use it dry sand also

Codmander, great piece of ingenuity and I'd watch posting photo's of your invention, Someone may be selling it on Ebay before ya know it. One thing to think about is the further you move the attachment point down the shaft the more leverage you will create. Could equal even greater ease of movement. To refine attachment piece to the Rod, look at Rifle Scope rings and some way to attach the arm so it may be adjusted at various angle to accommodate different size people, Height, Reach etc. You may have something here.

Codmander, great piece of ingenuity and I'd watch posting photo's of your invention, Someone may be selling it on Ebay before ya know it. One thing to think about is the further you move the attachment point down the shaft the more leverage you will create. Could equal even greater ease of movement. To refine attachment piece to the Rod, look at Rifle Scope rings and some way to attach the arm so it may be adjusted at various angle to accommodate different size people, Height, Reach etc. You may have something here.

yes your right i think i got lucky on the spot i bolted it on,,, Leverage seems perfect,, i can even pull my elbow out push with the palm of my hand and swing the coil tension between the strap and stick just perfect Amust lol i not lookin for monertry gain just to hunt comftablely

I hereby award you the Rube Goldberg trophy...

But seriously, speed in the water means missed targets, no matter how you cut it. And if you're going that fast, you WON'T need a scoop.....

goldberg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom