E-Trac or Deus for coin finding?

These two machines seem to be two of the most popular and sought after in my humble opinion. To me as a fairly new person in the hobby, I see them both as a challenge when it comes to learning how to use them.

I'm most likely going to be investing in a DEUS down the road due to the two major factors (again my humble opinion) the weight & wireless features.

I had a Safari and it was heavy to me, now that I'm over 60 the weight issue is important TO ME. I will give up the silver sniffing ability for the comfort of swinging an extra hour or two.

Another thing I will mention is that I had almost two years in the hobby before I found my first Silver coin, it was found with the Safari.

HDD

If there is a silver coin in detection range a detector will alert you if you go over top of it. I really think the minelabs are good at finding silver only because of the tone they produce, not because they are deeper. When you know a machines language it's all relative IMO.

e-trac all the way...

I hunt with a V3i and my buddy (Hager1) hunts with an e-trac and he kicks my butt with the e-trac when it comes to silver:mad:.
By the time i figure out how to get the V3i setup for the hunt... he already has silver in his hands.The e-trac is ready to hunt as soon as he turns it on and it is great for picking coins up in trashy ground.

We both use the same kind and size coils(SEF)... the e-trac is just better IMO.
Would anyone like to trade an e-trac for a V3i;)

I hunt with a V3i and my buddy (Hager1) hunts with an e-trac and he kicks my butt with the e-trac when it comes to silver:mad:.
By the time i figure out how to get the V3i setup for the hunt... he already has silver in his hands.The e-trac is ready to hunt as soon as he turns it on and it is great for picking coins up in trashy ground.

We both use the same kind and size coils(SEF)... the e-trac is just better IMO.
Would anyone like to trade an e-trac for a V3i;)

lol funny you say that. I have a buddy that hunts with the v3i and while I am using the etrac i still find that screen stunning on the v3i. I've often considered switching machines to have something more capable for relic hunting.

Minelab ID's at depth better. The Deus will sound it out, but the ID will not be as accurate. But if all you rely on is ID you're ignoring half the information.

Thanks for the input guys!...After considering all the input and watching tons of videos, reviews, etc. I went with the XP Deus. Also a big Thanks to DetectingMO for the great customer service!

I recommend you try a Minelab before you drop the cash. I bought a new Safari before I bought my Deus. I hated the Safari. Got rid of it 10 days later. I have friends who just kill it with the ETRAC. I guess I just don't speak Minelab language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post honestly says a lot....the Etrac does speak it's own language. ...not an easy one to learn....but once you do!!! That silver sound in multi conductive is so sweet...it hurts your teeth.... deep?...once you learn the machine....it will amaze you...I promise!

1st hunt with etrac, I am the new owner of vintage screw caps collection lol.

Well my test garden said Etrac was ready to hunt. While I had a lot of fun looking at numbers I hunt by tone mostly. Compared to the AT Pro and my F75, depth was about 10 inches. At Pro hits ten inches easily and the F75 does a lot better than that. I bought the Etrac as I have seen it pull silver right next to my AT Pro and F75. For a old guys with a bad back the weight of the Etrac was not a problem. I wish I had bought the Etrac a year ago when I bought the AT Pro. There is a huge learning curve and I have several years detecting. The Dues was also on my radar but no one uses them here so Etrac is the new machine. I would say look at the options, the build quality, and record of the Etrac.

Well,
The big thing with etrac,,,deeper coins make the same sound as mid depth coins,,even shallower.

F75 any series model,,,not so
And a lot of other detectors as well.

I think many experienced etrac users,,,,they could in fact tape their screens,,and not be at too high a disadvantage,,,,when going for copper and silver.

Of course,,real mild soil,,,could help some other detectors out here in this department,,but not totally.

Actually imo explorer and etrac users here,,,taping up their screens,,,would have advantage over CTX user using their detector with a taped over screen when going for silver and copper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom