No Tesoros in Fla.?

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
A friend just finished buying a water unit. He had been looking into getting a Tesoro Tiger. A reputable dealer in Palm Beach told him that Tesoro doesn't let him carry Tigers in Florida because of the saltiness of the beaches. He also said that he called Tesoro and that they confirmed this. He also said that the same thing goes for West Coast beaches. He ended up buying a White's Beach Hunter ID. What gives? I hadn't heard any of this on the forum or read anywhere else. Is this true or just a dealer scam? I had been looking forward to getting a Tiger this year.:no:

There are around 13 to 15 dealers in FL so I don't know where this info came from but it's bogus. go to the Tesoro site and click DEALERS on the front page. Click dealers in the USA and Canada. Click Florida on the map. There are several listed. There are 26 listed for CA. ???? Don't love all the mis information on the net and dealers that don't carry a particular brand come up with most of it. :-((((

Tony - I kind of thought that. Thanks for the reply! Maybe that dealer isn't worthy enough to be allowed to sell by Tesoro.;)

Well I don't know about worthy or not but you do have to subscribe to their contract when you become adealer. This is why not all dealers are Tesoro dealers. They contract with us not to put in any free items with a detector purchase for one thing.

A "Beach Hunter" instead?

I love my beach hunter here in Florida, but I am hard pressed to take it to any salt water beach. It works ok in the salt but it hates surf. I bought it cause I hunt 99% fresh water. The "Tiger" I know nothing about, so no comment. Felix, sounds like there is more to the story then you got:?: ....Gil

Back
Top Bottom