Interesting silver charm

NJdiverTony

I was back at a local park this past weekend, with my trusty Equinox 600, where I had found a nice 6 gram childs ID bracelet the week before. I was there for maybe 40 minutes and found about $2 in modern clad and then found an interesting sterling silver charm. It looks like ballet slippers and on the back of the slippers they are stamped with "Beau-Ster". A quick google search seems to indicate the charm may possibly be 1940's vintage and indeed Sterling Silver, although I dont see a .925 stsmped anywhere. The charm weighs 1.6 grams. The park is not that old so I'm thinking that although the charm is old, it may have been lost not that long ago. It was about 5" deep and rang up a solid 25 ID on my Equinox 600.

Anyway, not a bad hunt for only 40 minutes of time spent.

da1157f4a29284bfb7f56fe7dad569b2.jpg
93161689c98292d99db5419d6f18cbc4.jpg
94ea1e95bff716e434772a9e8def9b65.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just did another quick search on "Beau-Star" and found this interesting information:

BEAU OR BEAUCRAFT Jewellery
1947 - September 2004

Beaucraft Inc. began operations and produced "Beau" and "Beaucraft" jewellery in Providence, RI from 1947. The company was one of the leading producers of beautiful and unique fine sterling silver jewellery ever made for over half a century. The jewellery designs had originality, versatility, and impeccable craftsmanship. Vintage Beaucraft jewellery pieces are now considered highly collectible and in the same class of jewellery as Coro. Their latest designs took on a new approach by contrasting brushed and high polished sterling silver finishes, creating a completely original look that combines classic style with modern fashion. The jewellery designs include fish and seahorses in sterling silver metal. Mark: "Beaucraft" (In Sterling), "Beau B Sterling", "B" with "Ster" or "Sterling", and "Beau Sterling". Beaucraft also made 14k jewellery.

In September 2004, after 57 years in the business, Beaucraft Inc. retired from the jewellery business and the entire inventory was put on the auction block with Amsco Ltd. purchasing the bulk of its inventory that is being offered to the public at "well-below-discount prices", "OVER THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF FINE BEAUCRAFT STERLING SILVER JEWELRY". Check the internet: AmscoOnline.com, the Amsco online retail store for NEW discount jewellery of Beaucraft. Amsco Ltd., for more than twenty years, has been supplying quality jewellery to the wholesale jewellery and catalogue industry and are now able to offer this merchandise, as well as other discount merchandise, direct to the public at a fraction of the cost found elsewhere. Other jewellery for sale includes: Charter Club, One of a Kind and Salesmans Samples used to display merchandise to the buyers Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, and Saks Fifth Ave., Religious, Nature, Awareness, Semi-Precious, Hearts, Angels, Holiday, and Patriotic.

Last edited:
I buy old Sterling Silver charms and chains to make charm bracelets that I sell. I still dabble in the antique business. I have sold over 100 in the last 2 years on the net and at antique shows. If the charms are not marked, I test them for silver. There is no definite test for Sterling, just silver period. Nice find, Congrats

I buy old Sterling Silver charms and chains to make charm bracelets that I sell. I still dabble in the antique business. I have sold over 100 in the last 2 years on the net and at antique shows. If the charms are not marked, I test them for silver. There is no definite test for Sterling, just silver period. Nice find, Congrats

I just found this online:
https://www.bonanza.com/items/like/...-Beaucraft-Sterling-Silver-Ballet-Shoes-Charm

They look exactly like the ones I found... so I'm guessing they are sterling.

Usually the charms and chains I make charm bracelets from are marked Sterling or .925. I am almost positive your charm is Sterling although not marked. I am almost sure I have had the exact same charm at sometime and used it on a charm bracelet. I know I have had charms from that company.

Just did another quick search on "Beau-Star" and found this interesting information:

BEAU OR BEAUCRAFT Jewellery
1947 - September 2004

Beaucraft Inc. began operations and produced "Beau" and "Beaucraft" jewellery in Providence, RI from 1947.

Mark: "Beaucraft" (In Sterling), "Beau B Sterling", "B" with "Ster" or "Sterling", and "Beau Sterling".

Seems it's marked "BEAU-STER", which I would assume is a variation of the above. So I'd call it marked?

Really cool piece! Congrats :aok:

Back
Top Bottom