Eagle "I" button

RockCore

Elite Member
Got out again this weekend for a quick hunt. I've hit this old house site a few times with little luck. The last time there I found some pewter spoon pieces and a big musket ball so my interest was peaked a bit. I went over the area again with the ATP and managed some odds and ends along with a couple of CW era buttons. The infantry cuff button is a first for me. I don't dig much CW era relics so I was pretty happy with these.

Eagle I.jpg

GS Eagle.JPG

Nice job I wished that I lived in an area where I could find Civil War relics also. Once again nice job

That there is an awesome find. Congrats. I'm glad to see the ATP is working out for you. HH Mark

Thanks. It's like having an old friend back! LOL.

I don't get into much CW era stuff so when I luck into something like this it's a treat. Going to give this spot another run before it greens up too much. It's an awful thicket in the summer.

We'll I made it back out to this site yesterday for a quick hunt and managed two more buttons. They're a little rough but I'm happy. Also found more pieces of lead scattered around. These probably aren't big finds for you guys that get into areas with heavy CW activity but these aren't common for me so I'm pretty happy. The small button is tiny and rang up in the high 40's on the ATP.
Eagles.JPG

Thanks all. I'll update if I find anything else. Hopefully I can get back in there before it turns into a jungle!

Well the last hunt at this spot til winter. It'll be brushed up soon. Pulled a bunch of lead pieces (no bullets unfortunately) and one more infantry button.
Button 6 Resize.JPG

Wow, very nice! I just found an eagle button last week with my ATP too, but yours are in much better shape. I do not remember exactly, but I think it rang up in the 30-40's. I usually don't dig stuff that low, but will definitely start digging those lower number at this particular site.

The cuff buttons rang up in the high 30's to mid 40's. The larger coat buttons hit in the low to mid 60's but would jump to about 58 once in awhile. There was iron in several of the holes but they held a solid mid tone. But after finding the first couple I was digging all the repeatable, solid tones. The 5x8 coil pulled a couple out at least 7 inches deep. I love that coil.

Back
Top Bottom