Forest Finds-1800s silver and some cool old relics.

Dig Joy

Finally got a chance to get out Md'ing. Works been mega busy but thats a good thing...Went to an old forest site I worked pretty hard last year. The site has been very productive for barbers in the past. This hunt I looked in all the hard to reach places...My strategy worked well! Found my first silver of the year an 1899 Barber quarter and it's in real nice shape! My 3rd one barber quarter to date. Also found an old coke bottle stamped Duluth MN on the bottom and a prohibition era lov it soda bolottle made by local fitger's brewery, one of the few breweries that kepts its doors open during prohbition by making lov it soda/ candy and cigars. Both cool bottles with some local history.The locket is gold filled or plated and stamped C Q & R. The big jewel peice is an old tie bolo..

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• barber1.jpg
    barber1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 512
  • barber2.jpg
    barber2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 529
  • barber3.jpg
    barber3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 507
  • barber4.jpg
    barber4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 514
Nice collection of finds. You're right, that quarter is in GREAT shape. Does it have a mint mark? Those bottles are cool too. Keep up the good hunting. : )

Nice collection of finds. You're right, that quarter is in GREAT shape. Does it have a mint mark? Those bottles are cool too. Keep up the good hunting. : )

Thanks :) No mint mark...All I had to do was rinse it with warm water, she's a beaut' - one of my favorite 1800s silvers...I wonder roughly what it would grade at?

Back
Top Bottom