30 years and tapping out..

Dirtfishin

Elite Member
Well today was my last day at the fire department, I did 30 years. It's harder than I had though to let go. It was a life style and now it's gone. Kind of a weird feeling right now but I know I'll get over it soon. It really hit me when I was dumping my locker out all the little thing I collected the books paper work etc. So I guess there just one thing to do, and that's start swinging more. I can't wait to get back in the groove...

well i know your not near me but thanks for doing what you did.. Its one the professions that I admire and support the most.

Congratulations, and Thank You!

Take great pride in your accomplishments. Think of the lives you have touched, and saved. Enjoy your success, and allow others to make their bones using your example and striving for your reputation.

Get out there and swing. Enjoy your family and friends. Find your NEW focus, and God Bless! :cool:

Well today was my last day at the fire department, I did 30 years. It's harder than I had though to let go. It was a life style and now it's gone. Kind of a weird feeling right now but I know I'll get over it soon. It really hit me when I was dumping my locker out all the little thing I collected the books paper work etc. So I guess there just one thing to do, and that's start swinging more. I can't wait to get back in the groove...

I know exactly how you feel. I also had 30 years in and it was hard to walk away. It took a good six months to wind down and adjust to new life style but that was 17 years ago and I have not looked back.

The best advice I can give is to stay active and enjoy your retirement.

Jerry

thanks for your service

congrats on retireing, enjoy it you earned it.. lots of luck in swinging more..wish i was to that point.......HH....cliff.

I know exactly how you feel. I also had 30 years in and it was hard to walk away. It took a good six months to wind down and adjust to new life style but that was 17 years ago and I have not looked back.

The best advice I can give is to stay active and enjoy your retirement.

Jerry

Good advice Jerry, thank's guys..

Good for you and congrats!

I just had my 29th anniversary at the Post Office. I'm REALLY looking forward to retirement.

Thank you for your service! I am a volunteer for my local department. Most people dont know what all goes into it but i do and i applaud you. Now get out there and find your treasure!!!!!!!

Congratulations Dirtfishin. I hope you enjoy good health and your retirement.

I have been a medic since the 70's and could have retired four years ago but I am sticking around until my medical gets locked.

Congrats on your retirement!! I don't know how I will feel in 18 years when I can go, every day that I go to work I have fun. I am assigned to a dual house and there is a ton of guys that I love dearly that I get to work with every third day. Sometimes it's a sad call, sometimes it's a funny call but all in all I love my job. So...........I am sure i will feel that way when I can leave, it is a way of life for sure. Thanks for your service, have fun with your detector.

Congrats on retiring!!! I got my 30 and did the same thing.
It does feel funny for a while but you will love it!
Now there is nothing holding you back from finding the GOLD! Good Luck....

Congratulations on the retirement. :clapping: I retired 2 1/2 years ago after 33 years and never looked back. I love it. Stay busy and enjoy. HH DD

Congrats Dirtfishin. I pulled the plug after 26 years as a LEO. Have never regretted it. It was a little weird emptying out the desk and locker. It was also amazing how well and how quickly the were able to get along without me :D .

Good luck and enjoy your well earned freedom!

Back
Top Bottom