Son's Official First Day Out

kystonewall

Elite Member
A beautiful day in Ky. as the temps were at 70°. Me and my son had planned to get up early and go hunting at a local school tot lot. Didn't have much luck at first just some of the typical trash. Son was getting bored and starting to stare at his watch so somehow a shiny quarter got under the mulch a little. That woke him up some. Couldn't find much around the "jungle gym/ slide "area so I told my son to head over to the swings. Started getting signal after signal. We found some pieces of an old plate in one of our holes. My son hollered at me with a look at this and was carrying a horseshoe. The Bounty Hunter Junior he got for Christmas is a decent starter detector. We wound up at the end using mine to find the signal and his to pinpoint it with. It won't take him long to out grow it but he is happy with it. Hard to keep him going low and slow with it. He'll learn in time! Wound up hunting about 4 hours and left to get other things done. Total finds are $3.06 and a little charm, button and a zipper my son wants to keep. Thanks for reading!

kystonewall

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice day out, glad to see that new machine works, found loads of stuff! Some good father son time too :yes:

nice hunt

Nice hunt. Might appear there may be a little father/son competition going. :roll:
Dusty Eagle

Nice hunt. Might appear there may be a little father/son competition going. :roll:
Dusty Eagle

Oh yeah! I would let him have most of my signals and if I was digging and he spotted the coin before me he would snatch it up and put it into his pocket.:lol: We were almost through when he said "Dad I forgot to read the code of ethics" and I told him he was doing fine and to fill in his holes good.

kystonewall

Congratulations on the first time out together with your son! That lucky horseshoe should be a good sign of future hunts to come. Were there any marking on the copper tag?
Nick

Nice story and pics. My son and I used to metal detect together (over 20 years ago) and had a lot of fun until he discovered girls. He quit and I was hooked.:lol:

Congratulations on the first time out together with your son! That lucky horseshoe should be a good sign of future hunts to come. Were there any marking on the copper tag?
Nick

No there was nothing on the tag. Just two small holes. I thought it was a penny that someone had run through one of those souvenir machines. Beats me what it is.:?:

Nortonics - That's a good idea. I'll run it on the wire brush to get some of the corrosion off it first.

Back
Top Bottom