Digging Tools Suggestions?

AeRoFoRcE

Forum Supporter
I live in the Hudson Valley in NY and everywhere I have been seems to be really rocky. I bought a small shovel at home depot but that doesn't seem to be doing the job. Any suggestions on what tool(s) would make my job any easier? Any certain brands that I should be looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, digging in rocks is work and there's no way of getting around it.

Maybe after a rain they would be easier to dig, but I haven't found a way of easily digging in rocks.

We lived in Connecticut and there's rocks everywhere. Especially on the riverbank they are packed tight.

Something like a gasket scraper may work. last summer when the ground was hard and dry I was using a large heavy duty meat fork, but I must have gotten excited about a find and left it laying some place, I did back track looking for it but no luck.

Go to an auto parts store and look at all the different tools I was thinking of one of these but with a narrower forked point a large heavy duty screwdriver may also do the trick and is I my implement of choice these days.

040211437.jpg

I have one of the Predator shovels for tough digging and a major rock pick from Kellyco for stubborn ground or crevices. RickO

predator shovels

I just received a predator shovel last week, the relic pro with the t-handle. Like a few have said they're made tough very heavy duty. I was in between this model and the mauler. Think I'll order the mauler also, it would be a more agressive shovel certainly in hard grounds and rock infested dirt.

hello there. I see that you need some help finding a digging tool for rocky grounds. Go ahead and PM me or call our store and we would be happy to help you out finding the right tool.
Thanks,
Kellyco Chick

I live in the Hudson Valley in NY and everywhere I have been seems to be really rocky. I bought a small shovel at home depot but that doesn't seem to be doing the job. Any suggestions on what tool(s) would make my job any easier? Any certain brands that I should be looking at?

The previous posters have submitted great ideas.
What size are the rocks... Are they small packed in the dirt or larger (cantaloupe size)?

The Lesche digger and the Predator Raven are heavy duty. They make digging in all locations much easier.

Back
Top Bottom