Troy X2

Desert_Rat

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a simple MD for Wife and Friends to use coinshooting. How does the X2 stack up to others like the Tesoro cibola or Silver uMax? I already own a Vaquero and love it. I noticed a X2 on ebay that went for $280.00 and thought it was a little steep for used, but like the features and it gets good reviews.

Thanks

I don't know much about the Troy detectors personally, but from my reviews they are a really good machine. Here is a nice read on the X2 http://losttreasure.com/fieldtests/ArchiveView.cfm?ID=lt19980914
Seems like they are similar to Tesoro's. Troy's bring pretty good money usually. As you said the Vaquero is a great detector, getting your wife a Cibola would be a nice addition to your Vaquero. I had a Cibola and loved it. If you are not in need of a manual ground adjustable detector the Cibola will do you (her) right. Steve.

The x2 is a Tesoro Silver with a few modifications. I have an x2 and I like it, however for a used one approaching the price of a new Cibola I would go for the Cibola.

Back
Top Bottom