"Detectorists" - British Comedy/Drama

I dont see the "comedy" in the show, never made me laugh with their style of humor and its barely a detecting show imo...more like a soap opera if ya like those types of things. Was too slow & boring for me personally. ..I tried to get into it just couldn't. To each his own but that's my opinion on that show. One episode was all I needed lol.

Man it's an awesome show. Wife and I have a theory that you have to give a series at least three episodes before passing judgement. You should really give it a try again, it's a great series and just might hook you. I can't wait for Season 3!

My friend and I wanted to see what this show was all about so we watched both seasons with her streaming device (Firestick). When they showed Lance ? (the shorter guy) he was wearing a floppy green "stupid fishing hat" (as I call it) exactly like the one I always wear. We were hysterical. Good show. Hope to see more seasons.

"This .....is a metal detector, we ...are Detectorists!"

This is one of those rare shows that you can get into whether you're a "Detectorist" or not. I've always loved British humor because it's not stupid and over the top like it can be in this country. The part in Season 2, Episode 3 where Russell and Hugh were hunting for the Mayor's lost chain in the local "passion pit" was priceless. I hope to see more of these two guys in Season 3, they have great chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom