New Comparison Data On The New Garrett Orange Pro Pointer AT

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
new%20pin%20pointer%20comparison_zpsn9nzbenb.jpg~original

-Both Garrett Pro-Pointers turned off prior to each air test to avoid any possible drift

-Both machines had a new Duracell 9 volt battery

-Please remember, it is an air test. Distances may very depending on the many characteristics in the surrounding matrix of the target.

-Oxides on targets will probably affect results

-The air tests were performed at room temperatures

-The Garrett electric pin-pointers work well in extremely cold temperatures, pending the battery condition

-I have experienced poor performance with previous electronic pin-pointers in the cold, where they wouldn't vibrate, go out of tune or quit working all together

-All tests calculated to the nearest mm.

-Test performed in order of targets shown

-First two tests were performed on the same silver ring, with each having a different orientation towards the tip of the probe

-Next test was the silver dime, the 22 and finally the musket ball

Attachments

• 10410718_895042057186635_7304819936825739638_n.jpg
    10410718_895042057186635_7304819936825739638_n.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 461
I only did some quick comparisons this evening when mine arrived, but it kind of mirrors what your graph shows. Slightly better detection distance on the shiny, new shield penny I used. Seems to get slightly better distance if I hold the penny slightly off center of the tip.

This is very good information. I have decided to keep my original ProPointer until the end of its lifespan, then I will get the AT. Thanks for posting!

Damn!

Now I have a reason backed up by science to get one!

Wife cannot argue now!

Well, take that back, she can, but I have scientific testing to prove my motivation for a new orange shiny!

/Flex!! :lol:

Damn!

Now I have a reason backed up by science to get one!

Wife cannot argue now!

Well, take that back, she can, but I have scientific testing to prove my motivation for a new orange shiny!

/Flex!! :lol:

The only "scientific proof" that my wife will accept is if a new gold ring or bracelet comes with it....:laughing:
Bruce

pls help me on this graph. Does it indicate that a whole ring being detected from the side not the end is just a little less than 5.5 cm?

Back
Top Bottom