* King Tide Hunt *

meggie

Elite Member
I have been struggling this year at the beaches, I've already had around half a dozen hunts but it's really impossible when your beaches are well sanded in.

Headed out this afternoon to check out the overnight king tides and I found a beach where at least half a metre of sand had been removed.

It didn't take long for the targets to show up. Plenty of coins and sinkers and five rings, one 9ct, one 925 and three junkers.

Feeling much better now!

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 417
Nice. I'm still trying to figure out when the beach is sanded in!

If you visit a beach on a regular basis you soon become familiar with certain landmarks as to where the level of the sand normally is, i.e rocks, steps, beach huts.etc.You will soon know when it's sanded in and by approximately how much by these markers.

:dingding: HE'S BACK! Congrats on finding workable area and scoring.

But you're onto the gold and that's all that matters! Not sure whereabouts in QLD you are, but it looks like you'll get a cyclone within the next few days so maybe some sand gets shifted

Times they are a changing. More hunters less drops makes us a little frustrated. Sometimes you just have to evaluate why you are out there. Enjoy being out there...... its a hobby. If i was making a living doing it id starve.:laughing: So i try not to set goals or get real competitive.

Back
Top Bottom