Fisher Model 1210-X

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Sold my Tesoro Compadre and was going to take a break from detecting for a bit but noticed a Fisher Model 1210-X at a good price so I bought it. I am curious how it will stack up with the Compadre. After I see how it does I will most likely put it up for sale as long as it checks out 100%.

Attachments

• Fisher Model 1210-X.jpg
    Fisher Model 1210-X.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 13,822
  • Tesoro-Compadre.jpg
    Tesoro-Compadre.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 11,322
OMG dude! Did you even turn the Compadre ON before selling it? I should have taken you up on that offer to buy it. I should have known you'd sell it! :lol::lol:

OMG dude! Did you even turn the Compadre ON before selling it? I should have taken you up on that offer to buy it. I should have known you'd sell it! :lol::lol:
Only had it on a couple of quick hunts. I had it listed on the forum for a short period of time. Some fella in Nebraska bought it from me. It will make him a good one, didn't even have a scratch on it & still had the unfilled warranty card with it.

I have used a 1210-X on several occasions that a friend had. Nice detector for sure. Let us know how it works out for you. HH

I have used a 1210-X on several occasions that a friend had. Nice detector for sure. Let us know how it works out for you. HH
Thanks pale rider, looks like your the only person in the world (besides myself when I get it) that has ever used one. Will let you know how it does. Steve.

Only had it on a couple of quick hunts. I had it listed on the forum for a short period of time. Some fella in Nebraska bought it from me. It will make him a good one, didn't even have a scratch on it & still had the unfilled warranty card with it.
Made a mistake - the fella that bought my Compadre is in Florida. I don't know how I got Nebraska out of Florida. I guess we could call Florida southeast Nebraska, really southeast :lol::lol::lol:.

It looks like I am not getting the detector. I feel bad for the fella that I was buying it from. This is my last message I got from him -

Steve, Yesterday was not a good day for me.

My mother suffered a bad stroke and was in intensive care unit.
Since I did not have much time I took the detector over to Fedex to
have them pack and ship it to you.
Backing out of the driveway I hit a tree smashing the tail light on my
truck.
After packing it in a 24 x 24 x 24 box for $17 they wanted another $65
to ship it to you.
I thought that was too much so I put the box in the back seat of the
truck and went on the the hospital.

There the doctors told me and my brother that the outlook for my
mother was not very good.
She has a feeding tube in her nose, can not move here right side, can
not talk, can not swallow.
Fluid is building up in her lungs and the doc says she will never
recover to the point of getting out of bed again.
They wanted to do a breathing tube on her but we decided that was not
the way she would want to spend what time she had left.
Pneumonia and cardiac arrest will be the outcome and it is just a
matter of time.

After that I walked back to the parking lot and found someone had
smashed the rear glass of the truck and taken the box and a few other
item.

This is why I have sent you a refund thru paypal.
I no longer have the detector to sell.

Today I drop off the truck for repairs on the way to the hospital.
I can not wait to see what good news this day will bring.

And, here I was looking for my schematic.. The 1210 can be adjusted up into the 1260 range ..........1210,,1260 /65 were three of my favorite detectors..Then I bought the 1266 from HELL and nearly quit swinging. Sold it at a profit, and got a deal on a new Silver Umax and, swinging was fun again..My problem with the 1210 was that they would go bad, and the bad part was not obtainable..Problem now is Post Office sitting on my $500 claim

And, here I was looking for my schematic.. The 1210 can be adjusted up into the 1260 range ..........1210,,1260 /65 were three of my favorite detectors..Then I bought the 1266 from HELL and nearly quit swinging. Sold it at a profit, and got a deal on a new Silver Umax and, swinging was fun again..My problem with the 1210 was that they would go bad, and the bad part was not obtainable..Problem now is Post Office sitting on my $500 claim
And, here I was looking for my schematic.... maybe this will help ya

Attachments

• CIMG1179 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1179 (Small).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 12,464
  • CIMG1180 (Small).jpg
    CIMG1180 (Small).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11,869
  • fisher 1210 (Small).gif
    fisher 1210 (Small).gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 27,715
  • fisher 1210_lay (Small).jpg
    fisher 1210_lay (Small).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 14,368
I'm sorry to hear of the fellows bad luck Ski, but I'm sure you will find another deal down the road. Good luck and good hunting Ski.

Rock of Signs

The Fisher 1212-X is a newer version so you probably made a good buy there. There started to be a lot of complaints about them near the end of production because they were being manufactured overseas and the quality was going downhill.

I owned one and liked it ok. They still come up on Ebay occassionally.

But I have to be honest, there is no way on God's green earth I would ever trade my Compadre for that Fisher.:no2:

But everyone is different and I hope you have lots of fun with yours. They are simple and fun to play with.

Man, you really sold your Compadre??

The Fisher 1212-X is a newer version so you probably made a good buy there. There started to be a lot of complaints about them near the end of production because they were being manufactured overseas and the quality was going downhill.

I owned one and liked it ok. They still come up on Ebay occassionally.

But I have to be honest, there is no way on God's green earth I would ever trade my Compadre for that Fisher.:no2:

But everyone is different and I hope you have lots of fun with yours. They are simple and fun to play with.

Man, you really sold your Compadre??
Yup.

Smudge,I picked up a seven year old ,new Compadre with the 7 inch coil.Have used Fishers since the T-20. close to 50 years worth. Really enjoy the Tesoros.and the Compadre has it over the 1210 any day of the week..I even put a 12 inch coil on it..Moment of madness you know...Come to think of it, not sure where the coil is or went..

I had a Fisher 1210-X when I was a kid. It was my first real-ish detector after a Radio Shack Micronta 3001 got messed up in a flood, which was OK the 3001 was a toy and detected down to like 1/2" or 1". I have fond memories of detecting in parks and in the woods when I was a kid with my 1210-X.

And, here I was looking for my schematic.... maybe this will help ya

Thanks for the schematic, it was a bit hard to decipher, but it is actually correct.

I purchased this model for $25 as-is. Someone had cracked the case, replaced IC3, broke the seals and turned every potentiometer. I got it working, but wonder if there is a procedure available to fine-tune those trimmer pots. I feel if I can tune it better I might find treasures a bit deeper.

You also mentioned that there is a part that fails and is difficult to purchase. Are you talking about IC1? Mine has the printing removed, but your schematic shows it is an LM13700. In fact, this is the heart of the detector, all the rest are just amplifiers and level shift IC's. I am quite happy I tore this apart, it introduced me to this new (to me) IC.

I had a Fisher 1210X back in 1985 that my daughter used when she went detecting with me. A nice detector for the money. The only negative was the motion pinpointing...a little bit tricky until you get the hang of it.

I still have my 1210. I won it at a hunt in Kansas City on my birthday back in the 80's. I sold it once but bought it back. The idiot had placed a screw in the shaft but didn't really hurt it any. As near as I could tell it works about as well as my Compadre. I too traded off my Compadre but I still have my 1210.

Back
Top Bottom