Thailand

danblack

I have not started yet, but have done quite a lot of research on different types of underwater detectors. I am also looking for any information about doing it in Thailand, where I now live, but I can not find much. That might be a good thing.
Does anybody have any experience or tips they could share about searching with scuba gear
This is my first of (I hope) many posts

Welcome danblack! I'm just getting into underwater diving/hunting myself...getting re-certified/refresher in scuba and pretty much heading toward hookah diving for my purposes. Underwater detecting is a whole different animal...do some searching, either from a detecting perspective or from a diving one. There are some good diving forums where guys are discussing this very topic regularly.

Welcome aboard danblack..... forum member Upena lives and MD's in Thailand, you might try a PM..... HH RickO

Thats the first person who came to mind when he said Thailand. He lives over there so give him a PM, Also welcome to the forum. Look into the Minelab Exacl, or Whites Dual Field. Both great underwater detectors for under 200 feet in water.

Dan,

I'd be interested in hearing how things go there for you. I am in the early stages of planning a vacation there for the fall of 2011 and want to detect the beaches with my AT Pro. Specifcally, around the Phuket area.

Todd

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
I will see if I can get in touch with Upena.
I will keep everyone posted as soon as I can get my hands on a machine. I am hoping
to find one locally incase there is any problem with it. I assume the wait and expense
of shipping back and forth to the States would be huge headache.
I actually live in Phuket so maybe I will have some tips for when you get here Todd

i have detected the beaches of pattaya the times i have vacationed there,but have not had the chance to do any underwater searching.found some old coins and some rings,great place to hunt, good luck

There's a guy in Pattaya that has exclusive import rights from Minelab so they won't even ship here.

I have lived and worked here in Thailand for 13 years and love it.

He has a website, http://www.thaimetaldetectors.com/ but, good god his stuff is expensive with the import tax. I ended up buying the JW Fisher 8x pulse and negotiating the import tax myself since I can speak Thai for just a little more than buying the Excalibur in Pattaya.

pm me your email address or mobile number and maybe I can answer some questions for you........JJ

Welcome to the Forum.Am in Thailand now and will be here until the 22 march. I am very unshure about rules and laws when it comes to mding in Thailand , so any advice would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom