25 post before posting something for sale

A_LOTA_NOTA

What is the point of needing to have 25 posts before being able to post in the classified forum?

Maybe to keep people from signing up a new account simply for selling and not contributing to the site, it is a forum for metal detectors and detecting in the first place. A place to share pictures and stories of your finds, learn about detectors and detecting in general along with meeting new friends and maybe even finding a detecting buddy. If a person simply wants to sell something there is sites for selling only, such as ebay, ubid etc.

What is the point of needing to have 25 posts before being able to post in the classified forum?

Let me ask you this... Would you buy something from someone on a forum and they have NO creditability? No posts or Simple posts & hasn't been on the forum for a while? What makes you think there trustworthy? These days you can't trust anyone! Someone could sell you a fake or broken item and disappear. If it were me I would raise the posts to 100 or more SIGNIFICANT posts PLUS be a registered member for 3 months. But thats just me. :D

Let me ask you this... Would you buy something from someone on a forum and they have NO creditability? No posts or Simple posts & hasn't been on the forum for a while? What makes you think there trustworthy? These days you can't trust anyone! Someone could sell you a fake or broken item and disappear. If it were me I would raise the posts to 100 or more SIGNIFICANT posts PLUS be a registered member for 3 months. But thats just me. :D

Nah base it on how long a member not posts.

I can spam post 100 posts in 3 days. You can't fake you're join date. Make it member for 6 months to sell.

In the one month not even knowing this rule i made my posts and posted in classifieds unaware of the rule.

Nah base it on how long a member not posts.

I can spam post 100 posts in 3 days. You can't fake you're join date. Make it member for 6 months to sell.

Yeah, that sounds good. Well Im glad I have BOTH 5,613 posts and been here since Oct 2009! I think Im good... :D

What's wrong with their current rule set? Anyone with a brain will not deal with someone that only has 25 posts anyways. I'd probably only want to deal with someone I've seen frequent the forum and I easily recognize their username.

What's wrong with their current rule set? Anyone with a brain will not deal with someone that only has 25 posts anyways. I'd probably only want to deal with someone I've seen frequent the forum and I easily recognize their username.

I just got a machine from another forum and I could not even send a PM as a new user. Had to get someone here that is a member there to vouch for me and get in contact with that member.

Too many flakes that come in and peddle junk, or scam, then leave. 25 posts is nothing to have to wait for and people can see if you are the real deal or just a troll.

I have been a member for two years. But haven't really hunted much so I don't have much input. I decided I would sale my equipment but was an able to post.

Id say its better then nothing but far from efficient. Is there a feedback trade feature here?

No there isn't .... on purpose. There are several MD'ing forums out there
that are heavily into classifieds (e.g. TreasureDepot). We don't want to
be like them. We'd rather be a community of detectorists sharing stories
and knowledge, that just happens to have an ancillary classified section. ;)

I just got a machine from another forum and I could not even send a PM as a new user. Had to get someone here that is a member there to vouch for me and get in contact with that member.

Too many flakes that come in and peddle junk, or scam, then leave. 25 posts is nothing to have to wait for and people can see if you are the real deal or just a troll.

I understand... I purchased something off a forum (might ahve been this one, Im not sure) one time. the deal turned out to be legit but I was really nervous about it. Honestly I'm not even sure how I'll feel as the seller in this deal.

I know the forum administrators are not responsible for anything bought or sold on there forum, but I think if you ask them a question about certain members, on there trustworthiness or whether or not anyone knows someone that might be able to be found about a person. If not tracing someone through there address, phone number, etc. you will be able to find out enough about a person through the web and deal with any problems that might occur, if you know what I mean...

well someone could setup a new user(new-user-1post), post 1 post to sell a 900 $ E-trac detector. Fraud would be pretty easy though a message board.

someone sent the money to new-user-1post.
new-user-1post says: ohh its in the mail, i sent it via fedex.
a week later new-user-1post they say. here is the tracking number...
POOFFF new-user-1post never logs into the site again...

if your looking for a place to sell stuff quickly, you can go to ebay, or craigslist. (hence security features to prevent fraud)..
if your looking for a place to meet up with other metal detectorist, and talk shop, and buy and sell stuff post 25 POSTS.. pretty simple..

Back
Top Bottom