Toasty Draped Bust Large Cent

DigginLikeADog

I've had my best week of Copper hunting to date.
I shared in a post earlier about the luck I've had at a couple new places: http://www.metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=261235

Today I headed back to the same park, same area, that I found the Connecticut Copper and I just dug everything and anything that chirped. Among the diet coke twist tops, pull tabs, and lincolns, I pulled a freakin' Draped Bust Large Cent. Can't make out the year, but it looks like 1800 when I shine the light just right (you know what I mean). I had no idea what it was until I got home and got to cleaning it up. Arms shot straight up in the air, WOO!!

I've been listening to my copper tones a little differently and have been digging anything and everything in that range and it has really made all the difference. I got kind of lazy not wanting to dig pennies and trash every few feet, but I'll tell you that putting the extra work in has really paid off lately. I'm estatic!

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• dirty.jpg
    dirty.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 340
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 321
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 318
  • LOT.jpg
    LOT.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 328
Congrats. Nice haul. Yes. I been doing this hobby for 5 years and I still learn all the time. I have been recently working on small “size” of double hits, especially “penny” range and it has paid off. “Know your machine”.

Back
Top Bottom