So What Is The Setting For Finding Clad?

1) Turn it on
2) Go to park or school
3) Find coins

It is not a black box of magic that has to be fiddled with. Literally follow the above steps.

Lay out each type of clad coin (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half etc), go over each coin separately with your detector, memorise those tones and hit your nearest park/school/beach etc. Good luck.

Lay out each type of clad coin (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half etc), go over each coin separately with your detector, memorise those tones and hit your nearest park/school/beach etc. Good luck.

+1 nice idea above, reminded me of this video, even though this may not be your detector, the principle is the same, in this video the detectorist buries various types of coins and even a gold ring to show how the tones differ -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Demonstration (the tone tests starts just a little after the 4 minute mark)

Same as everything else...wide open and very little disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First is learning your machine. Practice will help . I started in my yard and several people recommended trying along the side of my driveway where people get in their pockets to get their keys out they will drag out a coin occasionally. Thats how I found my first few coins. Next I went to a kid park and searched around the swings and didn't find much maybe a penney or two . A little more around benches and picnic tables but still not much. Found a small sand beach on a nearby lake that has a concession stand that is open in the summer . I found about a dollars worth there but still not a lot but helped me learn what I was hearing from my machine. In the last few days we have been staying at a member owned camping resort that has 600 campsites and has been here since the early 70's. While there is a lot of pull tabs and bottle caps and a bit of foil etc there are also a lot of clad. In 1 day I found 17 quarters, 11 dimes, 4 nickels and a dog tag small padlock a small piece of costume jewelry and a large token. It was my best day yet. Weather has been in the low 20's but should warm up tomorrow and the next day so I can get in a lot more practice . So recommend you try to find a place where there is a good possibility that there are coins. Start in your yard and branch out from there. Expect to find more trash in the beginning. I was happy the first time I found a single clad penny . then came more . then finally a quarter then another then more pull tabs, then a couple dimes and several more quarters then finally a nickel. The more you practice the better you'll get. don't get discouraged if you don't find much then try a different place.good luck

The Iron audio function of the ACE 400 sets it apart from its siblings, allowing you hear the iron in a target. Most clad won't signal as having any iron, so if you hear any iron move on to another target. (I usually mark that spot to come back to if I want to look at it further). The 400 is a simple machine that is very effective in cleaning up clad quickly and efficiently.

"So What Is The Setting For Finding Clad?"
Practice,practice,practice.
But an interesting little tidbit is that I hunt with a Garrett
ACE 400.My friend uses a Garrett AT/Pro.
We were hunting a beach area and he said he thinks he had a quarter signal.His detecter showed 84-85-86.
Had he not of mentioned the numbers,we would know no difference.
But he did so we compared.
He said a dime on his Pro is 82-84.
My ACE is 84-85-86 for a dime.
His Pro is 84-85-86 for a quarter.
Mine is 86-87-88 for a quarter.
So what is the setting for clad?
I don't know your detector but my advise is:
Practice,practice,practice.Repeat if necessary.

What is clad?

It's a waste of my time haha. well funny thing is my grandfather was on the Dupont team that created the clad metal combo, before the metal got rolled out into sheets and cut into blanks. I loved him to death, but occasionally when detecting I find my self asking; "WHY GRANDPA WHY!!!"

Enter living room, procede to couch, lift cushions, recover clad, pretzels crumbs, kids toys, and unidentifiable goey substance that will not come off fabric. Repeat weekly or monthly depending on use. Think of it like hitting a totlot without ever leaving home :lol:

It's a waste of my time haha. well funny thing is my grandfather was on the Dupont team that created the clad metal combo, before the metal got rolled out into sheets and cut into blanks. I loved him to death, but occasionally when detecting I find my self asking; "WHY GRANDPA WHY!!!"

Cool story!

Your detector is very simple. If you want to dig coins why not just put it in coin mode and watch the VDI display. This is not rocket science and maybe you are making it harder than it is. If you are in doubt about the VDI numbers then do some airtests to figure them out. Oh, and before you ask, an airtest is waving a coin close to the coil while the detector is on and looking at the display to see what the display says.

Back
Top Bottom