Picked up some nickels

pan4au

Elite Member
My surgery for today was rescheduled for Friday. My brother wanted to search some more nickels in hopes of filling some holes in his nickel book. I stopped at a bank on the way home from the hospital and picked up $80 worth. I asked the teller if she had any halves and she had 1 hand rolled. I got that roll and found 1 1967 40%.. So it was a good day. I've been waiting on 3 boxes of halves since Monday but the delivery has been hampered by all the snow we got. Hopefully they will come in today or tomorrow. I'd like to search some before my surgery..

Good luck with the nickels!

I used to keep all 1938-1958, but they piled up so fast I ended up dumping all of the 1946 and up...I never found a buffalo out of thousands of $ in nickels...believe it or not, I ended up just edge-searching for war nickels!

Good luck with the nickels!

I used to keep all 1938-1958, but they piled up so fast I ended up dumping all of the 1946 and up...I never found a buffalo out of thousands of $ in nickels...believe it or not, I ended up just edge-searching for war nickels!

You must have bad luck... Just found a buff in my 7th box of nickels:wow:

We got some last week. He found 1 1936 buff in those. He found a car wash vac token tonight. Still $40 more to search

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Congrats on the 40% half score. I hope you find some goodies amongst the nickels. It seems like I don't have very good luck searching halves. I gave up after searching 10 boxes and only finding a couple NIFC's and a 1982 no FG. I seem to find the most keepers when roll hunting nickels in these parts. I went back to the bank where I got a couple of hand rolls that had a bunch of Buffaloes (most with legible dates) and pre-1950 nickels. Scored a nice shape Buffalo in another hand roll that had some older nickels mixed in...

Good luck with your surgery!

lwTqFBt.jpg

KWwC8Xa.jpg

I found a 37 Buff in $20. We culled a few pre 1960 nickels ... no silver on 2009's
541f45c63136f3a0d2953882e4aa1a43.jpg
40809930358c9cce2cb682889c31ef60.jpg

My brother picked up $40 in nickels today while I was having my surgery. I guess he'll search them this weekend if I get discharged. Maybe he'll find some of the dateless you turned in. HH

finished the rolls.. no more buffs but brother got his book filled except for the 2009's.. Hopefully the halves will come in tomorrow.. Was supposed to been in Last Monday but with all the snow and cold a lot of banks did not get their Brinks delivery this past week.

Back
Top Bottom