why so many MD's

Uncle_Lawrence

Hello friends, several questions for you.
I notice that some members have several MD's, what is the reason for this?
I have many firearms and most are different calibers, it is kind of like that?
Do you use different MD's for different searches?
How many do you own? I have a Garrett AT Pro on the brown truck and is my only one so far, am I going to end up with more?:grin:

some people need to buy 6, 7 or even 8 different detectors just to balance out the number of finds of the At-Pro users.

Some are for water hunting, some are for relic hunting, some are better at finding gold, some shine finding silver.

Different frequencies and types of detectors... It's like a tool box, you don't just have one wrench, or one screw driver. Different tools for different jobs!

Why so many kinds of cars and trucks, TVs, Coffee makers, computers, phones, laptops, !!!!!, pants, underwear, bras, bathing suits, shoes, boots, beds, tables, chairs, appliances.. etc etc etc etc

I's like fishing, golf, art, wood working.. you never can have enough tools, there is always something bigger better more you just gota have!

see ----------------------------VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV I had to have more coils! :D

Different detectors may be better for certain situations or searches than others , so some people will use different detectors depending on where they go and what they look for.

Though from a completely practical standpoint , its just because some people have more money than they know what to do with.

some people need to buy 6, 7 or even 8 different detectors just to balance out the number of finds of the At-Pro users.
groucho.gifThat's the most ridiculous thing I ever hoid.

Different detectors may be better for certain situations or searches than others , so some people will use different detectors depending on where they go and what they look for.
↑↑This↑↑

I started with an ACE 250, used it for 3 months, then sold it and bought an ATP with the 2 coil package...

I tried the bigger coil more than a few times now, and it sucks IMO... So the ATP with the 5x8 coil is all I will ever want or need...

It has found enough gold to pay for itself 7x+ over... Counting a kayak, fuel for my trucks, batteries, beach scoop, pinpointers, pouch, Sampson T handle, I am still in the black pretty far... And that just on the gold alone.. It kills clad and silver just the same...

This year one of my goals is to buy a beater pickup truck with my gold finds.. At about $800 so far this season, and we just thawed...

<*)))>{

Yes you will have more . It's an addiction . A disease . I have 5 or 6 detectors ( I'm really not sure off hand how many I have ), bought the last one a week ago , bought 2 extra coils for it 2 days ago , have a pin pointer , diggers , and a member of 4 or 5 MD forums . I have had absolutely no time to go detecting in a year .
My advice to you is ,,, Quit now , do not read these forums , do not open the detector you have ordered , sell it or give it away .
You have been warned , continue at your own risk .

Only some wind up with multiple detectors at once , and only a few actually think its necessary. You may have more than one eventually , but not everybody does.

I've only got two, sometimes think about getting something a little more high tech, just not convinced there is a big enough advantage, other than settings to play with for a while. Metal detecting can be full of disappointing hunts. We all want to see great things in each hole, and dig no trash at all. Just never going to happen. A location where you find good stuff, is where there is a lot of people traffic. People drop trash intentionally, not so much with valuables. Got to go through a lot of trash, to reveal the treasure, just part of the hunt.

I'm a beach hunter who uses the Sov GT in the wet sand... in the water I will use the Excalibur and when I want added depth in the water I'll use a PI.

ACE 250 was my "first love" and I'll keep it just for that reason but it makes a great loaner for friends and family who want to MD with me when they come to visit.

White's Surf PI was my next machine, it's my dedicated water machine for the Gulf waters where there is less trash but I plan on getting an Excal for when I hunt the bay where the trash is everywhere. Not as much depth as the Surf PI but it discriminates where the Surf PI does not.

Sovereign Elite was my 3rd machine and it is a KILLER on the beach in the wet AND dry sand. It is my primary beach machine but my E-Trac has turned out to hold it's own on the beach as well, just not quite as good as the Sovereign.

And my E-Trac for doing the inland hunting that I have started doing in the winter time because it's a silver vacuum!

And lastly I want to get an Excal once the E-Trac is paid off as I said above...

You did good getting a versatile machine that is good in land and in fresh water.
Even has some capability in wet saltwater sand.

People use different detectors for different types of hunting. Anyone that says one works for everything is wrong. Same with saying one coil is best for everything is wrong.
So do you shoot everything with one caliber of gun ? No so why the question ?

Back
Top Bottom