New clad record today

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Late this morning, after the frost warmed up, I tried to pull a mini-Mud at a nearby town school. I even checked it out from space, like Puppy does. Lots of fields, huge totlot, concessions, the whole bit. I was a bit disappointed to never find one area I could call a primary drop zone. They were all tertiary, at best. I swung loose, wide, and fast...for five hours straight. Got some serious cardio today! All around the whole place, the coins were thinly, randomly dispersed. Not too much trash, though. I just kept working everywhere I thought people walked, sat down, put bags down, etc. I can only presume this place has been 'tected before. BUT, I did manage a new clad record for me, at $18.24. This included a J. Quincy Adams dollar, and a 71 Kennedy half. The half was found right in the middle of the football field, by the 50 yd line. I bet it was used for a coin toss. Also got one small, bent sterling ring, and a big, gold colored medallion. That was fun! So I got half as much, in twice the time, of what the stabbin', stoopin' cladmaster has been poppin' lately. Pretty good for little old me. Thanks Mud. Couldn't have done it without you!

Attachments

• DSCN4083.jpg
    DSCN4083.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN4085.jpg
    DSCN4085.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN4091.jpg
    DSCN4091.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN4086.jpg
    DSCN4086.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 182
Sounds like a really fun morning hunt. Definitely pulled in the clad coinage....nice little silver ringer too!

Thats a really nice haul there!..Congratulations! Theres something really satisfying hearing all those clad coins and popping fast...a nice surprise like that Half or Dollar coin or that ring or a stack show up...I dont know why, but its a lot of fun and never any disappointments quick brooming clad...

Imagine if we had started this Sport when we were kids? Go out to the park on a nice afternoon and make $20?...I doubt I woulda ever got a real job!:laughing: why work for money when its laying around all over the place?!:laughing::laughing:

Thats a really nice haul there!..Congratulations! Theres something really satisfying hearing all those clad coins and popping fast...a nice surprise like that Half or Dollar coin or that ring or a stack show up...I dont know why, but its a lot of fun and never any disappointments quick brooming clad...

Imagine if we had started this Sport when we were kids? Go out to the park on a nice afternoon and make $20?...I doubt I woulda ever got a real job!:laughing: why work for money when its laying around all over the place?!:laughing::laughing:
Kind of reminds me of picking night crawlers. "Ooh! There's another one!" " ooh, that's a nice one!" But pickin' nighties was harder on the back, and didn't pay as good.
Just want to say thanks to everyone posting the finds, techniques, etc.! It really helped me make a hobbie of this, and I really enjoy it as a sport, too.

Nice finds and congrats on a new record! Good to hear that Mud is teaching you the tricks of the trade! :grin:
Thank you! Mud is one of the more entertaining "teachers" here. I learn and get inspired from posts like yours, and so many others too!

...and a little silver too! I was really hoping to find a ring today. The school is not too old, so silver coinage is not likely.

A local recreation complex with football, baseball and soccer fields that I was initially reluctant to go detect because it was relatively new has yielded a lot of clad and has also given me a silver Washington and two silver rosies. So silver coins do come from the most unlikely places.

One 10k ring came fro the center of the football field and three sterling rings have also been rescued.

Kids do from time to time get into Dads or Granddads coin collection and take them to show their friends.

A local recreation complex with football, baseball and soccer fields that I was initially reluctant to go detect because it was relatively new has yielded a lot of clad and has also given me a silver Washington and two silver rosies. So silver coins do come from the most unlikely places.

One 10k ring came fro the center of the football field and three sterling rings have also been rescued.

Kids do from time to time get into Dads or Granddads coin collection and take them to show their friends.
Center of the football field you say? I always like to search around the 50. I have read in these forums of rings and tossing coins being found there. Nice work on your discoveries!

Back
Top Bottom