Before and After

Kapi

Forum Supporter
When I went to do the specific gravity test I dropped the ring and some of the brown came off. I weighed it and it was now 2.87 grams so I figured why not go ahead and clean it.

Before and after pics - Confirmed 14K

Attachments

• Nov 11 17 Gold ring before.jpg
    Nov 11 17 Gold ring before.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 426
  • Nov 11 17 Gold ring after.jpg
    Nov 11 17 Gold ring after.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 411
That is how my brass ring looked after I tumbled and buffed it. It held on 14K acid. Take it to a jeweler. They have electronic testers.

That is how my brass ring looked after I tumbled and buffed it. It held on 14K acid. Take it to a jeweler. They have electronic testers.

I did take it to my jewelry repair shop guy who also makes and sells jewelry and he confirmed it was 14K. It also rubbed off on the stone like butter as compared to when I rub brass it takes some pressure and kinda gives you the feeling of nails on a chalkboard.

The specific gravity test that she did should've be extremely accurate on a simple band with no stones. Its gold. :yes:

Looks to me like there are maker's marks in the left side of the photo. In the center, I definitely see an s on the left and an e on the right, the letters in the middle I can't make out for sure. :( Possibly "sake"! :lol:

Here's a different angle of the left side and my interpretation of it and I agree that I see the word sake on the right side.

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 336
  • sake.jpg
    sake.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 343
I did take it to my jewelry repair shop guy who also makes and sells jewelry and he confirmed it was 14K. It also rubbed off on the stone like butter as compared to when I rub brass it takes some pressure and kinda gives you the feeling of nails on a chalkboard.
Awesome! I tried that specific gravity thing once and guess I just confuse myself and gave up. So glad you scored the yellow. Bet that ring was there a very long time.

Wow! :shock: That is some seriously gnarly old gold!
Satisfying to confirm that it's genuine, though, ne! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom