Rock/Mineral?

Ray The Dog

So my son and I were out metal detecting in our usual spot and our metal detector (Garrett Ace 400) picked up a strong signal, so we decided to dig up our find and found what looked liked a hunk of coal but there were some small shiny pieces on the rock/mineral(very light). We cut iron half to see if there were crystals inside but found nothing. Anyone know what this could be maybe a small meteoroid?

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 264
So my son and I were out metal detecting in our usual spot and our metal detector (Garrett Ace 400) picked up a strong signal, so we decided to dig up our find and found what looked liked a hunk of coal but there were some small shiny pieces on the rock/mineral(very light). We cut iron half to see if there were crystals inside but found nothing. Anyone know what this could be maybe a small meteoroid?

Was this the signal you were looking for or something else you found ?

Check it with a magnet...Is it magnetic? If it has been in a fire and contains iron oxide, it could become magnetic...

Look at the surface under magnification, do you see any embedded rounded sand grains...sand is terrestrial, not extraterrestrial. Let us know what you find out.

Does not look like a meteorite to KT.

Back
Top Bottom